Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-15-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm All Ears

My dog is a total goob. Totally hyper too today. I blame the weather.

Right now she is dragging my gym bag around the living room. It's about 3x her size. I have to say I find it endearing.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Twin 2

The vet called. They think it's a tumor on the spleen that's bleeding into the abdominal cavity, that the fluid that's bloating her is blood.

He said they could do an ultrasound to see if it spread but that the likelihood is high that even if it doesn't show up in the ultrasound that it's spread. They said they could take the spleen out, but again he thinks it's metastasized.

He did say that as far as cancers go it's not painful, that they bleed into their abdomen and just kinda go into a coma.

We didn't get to talk to the same vet that saw her so we're going to call the other vet tomorrow but, not good.

Luckily, she's overall comfortable, she seems like her stomach being that bloated is bothering her a bit but doesn't seem to be in pain.

Just, it's not fair. We're going to end up loosing both her and Kaylee back to back and my dad is not doing well and it's just bad.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
The vet called. They think it's a tumor on the spleen that's bleeding into the abdominal cavity, that the fluid that's bloating her is blood.

He said they could do an ultrasound to see if it spread but that the likelihood is high that even if it doesn't show up in the ultrasound that it's spread. They said they could take the spleen out, but again he thinks it's metastasized.

He did say that as far as cancers go it's not painful, that they bleed into their abdomen and just kinda go into a coma.

We didn't get to talk to the same vet that saw her so we're going to call the other vet tomorrow but, not good.

Luckily, she's overall comfortable, she seems like her stomach being that bloated is bothering her a bit but doesn't seem to be in pain.

Just, it's not fair. We're going to end up loosing both her and Kaylee back to back and my dad is not doing well and it's just bad.
I'm so sorry.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 10-15-2013, 09:00 PM
such sights to show you

I'm so sorry, Linds.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Top Dog

Buzz was so eager to work tonight, so we did. He wanted to trot, so he did. I asked him for sits and downs, and he did. And then he was sad and his legs were fatigued. It sucks that we only get 15 minutes max to do physically active stuff, and then he just can't. I wish there was some magical fix for ailments related to getting old but all I can do is keep on doing what we've been doing.

It's a bully stick kind of night now.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 10-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post

I'm so sorry - sounds like hemangio, which is what I lost Maggie to. Cancer sucks sooooo much. (((hugs)))

Old 10-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Aware

I am so sorry, Linds.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Ugh... I'm sorry Linds. =< That really sucks.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 AM
& the Muttly Crew

I am really sorry Linds. I hope she continues to be comfortable and your dad has more good moments with her to remember when she is gone. *hugs*

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-16-2013, 08:28 AM
& the Muttly Crew

This is going to seem really trite compared to everything else going on...

Miranis making it really **** hard to not keep a Mirapuppy. I had a plan! I was being strong! Different breed next, breeding already picked out (heaven knows I like my variety) then hopefully a Mira grandpuppy one day if some of her pups turn out the way we hope.

Then she goes out and impresses the heck out of me and everyone else at these working tests and I get all wishy-washy again. And hubby is all for keeping a Mirapup. And frankly I can't think of a FCR breeding that would be more suited to what I want in a dog.

Why can't FCRs be in the 30-pound range?

/annoyed with self

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13