Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Top Dog

Why aren't any of the lure coursing events in my area fenced?

Old 10-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

I mailed the registration form for the agility foundations class. We're cutting it close on the deadline to get registration in...it's supposed to be delivered today. USPS hasn't updated their tracking since it left the local post office. It it's not delivered today I don't know if we'll meet the deadline because there is no mail monday.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 10-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

Also training another dog in front of Cara fills her with so much woe. I was training Adele and Cara just layed there pouting. Afterwards Adele asked to go out to potty (Cara still pouting), so I asked Cara if she wanted to go out. She remained on the bed full of woe instead. It's sort of ridiculous.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 10-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

You'd thinking taking 6 dogs that know each other well would be a bad idea to take to a dog park, but it went really well!

There was 1 person per dog, except I had two dogs to watch, and it went really really well. ^_^

The only problem we had was when a big black lab lifted his leg and pee'd on me. The owners didn't even attempt to apologize.

But overall all of our dogs were really really good! Art even got a lot of pets from guys and women and two boys.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:32 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I'm *really* hoping the fact that I was up twice last night due to Abrams having diarrhea is due to the fact that he got a smoked knuckle bone yesterday (and some popcorn before bed), and not due to the fact that I bought some Turkey/Potato dog food instead of my normal Salmon/Potato dog food to feed them. (The bag was 1/2 off because the ripped it unloading it from the truck. Yes, please, my wallet likes that!) I barely mixed in any of the Turkey/Potato food into his normal Salmon/Potato food last night, so if it was the food and he reacted that strongly to just such a little bit...I'm in for a world of hurt until this bag is gone.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 10-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Why aren't any of the lure coursing events in my area fenced?
I've never seen one in a fenced area :\

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 10-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Show Dog

My brother is finally starting to see the benefit of a second dog with our new foster now that Jubel is playing with her. He commented last night about Jubel not being an obnoxious brat the last few nights. I told him that's because he has someone else to play with instead of barking at me.

Good thing there is already someone interested in adopting her or she might end up staying if it was up to him. I'd prefer a larger dog as dog number two so I told him if she stays she stays as HIS dog.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:56 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I just killed a bug with the fly swatter and Abrams got all excited, so I bopped him on the head with it. BEST THING EVER. We then played a very fun game of "smack the puppy with they fly swatter" while said puppy did zoomies and jumped around like an idiot. He does the same thing when you beat him with a foam noodle.

I don't understand my dog.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 10-13-2013, 03:44 PM
orange iguanas.

Today, my dog is the best dog in the WORLD.

I left to go to Barnes and Noble. My mom was in the backyard with the dogs. I come home, maybe 30 minutes later, and as I'm pulling up in front of the house... I see Juno sitting in the middle of the yard. Just sitting, watching my car pull up. Doesn't move a muscle until I get out of the car, then she comes over. I don't see my mom outside so why in God's name is my dog out here?? We go inside, my mom is in there, and she was completely oblivious to the fact that Juno was hanging out in the front yard. Apparently my mom had opened the gate when she was in the backyard, but she never saw Juno leave. But she is thinking it must have happened pretty soon after I had left.

So why is my dog the best ever? Because she was just chilling out in the yard! She seriously looked like she was just sitting there, waiting for me to come home. The dog across the street, who she has played with multiple times, was out in his yard. She easily could have ran over there. My next door neighbors were out on their driveway. She wasn't bothering them. She just.... sat.

Now who knows, maybe she gallivanted around the neighborhood first, and then came home and sat there But I believe she was just plain old awesome. She totally earned the bone I had bought her earlier today.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Puppy Dog

A rant I have...

I hate it when I'm telling people about Mollie's raw diet and they say "So what does she eat every day?" I say the norm, "Well she has ground beef with liver and veggies and fish oil and sometimes an egg for breakfast, and she has chicken drumsticks for dinner, and sometimes a beef bone..." And then their face gets all shocked and they say "Don't you know you should NEVER feed a dog chicken bones?"

And I'm like "They're RAW...it's only COOKED chicken bones that are bad." Omigosh, I'm so sick of explaining about chicken bones to people!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Had to get that off my chest.

Proud Mum of a beautiful Lab girl, Mollie <3