Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

The woman from the training club called me back, there are spots open in the agility foundations class. Little red dog starts on the 24th, I'm mailing our registration this week!

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

Smiley's recall command is Accio

Old 10-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Are you dead yet?

I have been on the verge of whining about this for weeks.

I want another dog. Maybe not another BC or high energy monster. I'm thinking a whippet.

Roommate says absolutely no. Logic says absolutely no, because I work full time and wouldn't have the necessary time to train and supervise a new dog. Also, Eve would eat a whippet.

But god, I want.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Are you dead yet?

Also...

What are some causes of itchy skin besides allergies and weather? I bathe Eve in baby shampoo, supplement with vitamin E, she eats a good diet, gets a lot of raw meat and minimal grain-based foods.

Yet she's frequently chewing at the skin on her back/sides. Nothing harmful, nothing major, just an irritating (to me) teeth clacking noise while she scritches herself.

Just want to rule out any possibility of it being a physical problem before I snark at her to stop scritching and waking me up while I'm trying to sleep!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 AM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Smiley's recall command is Accio

Hahahah if I wasn't so lazy I totally thought about teaching this.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Hahahah if I wasn't so lazy I totally thought about teaching this.
You should do it!!

I only started training it because I want/need a 100% recall, and the other people I live with will call him but not follow through, so his recall to "come" and "here" is really inconsistent. So my goal is to have him come to me 100% of the time to Accio.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm All Ears

For all the wonderfulness that Mia is, Mia seems to not understand 'I feel like ****, please go away!' And it's not like I haven't done anything with her, we did a 30 minute agility session at lunch and last night we were at the field 1.5 hours. But seriously, I don't want to play right now.

She seems to have this amazing off switch lately... until I feel like crap.

Also, Mia is being a total buttface to other dogs recently. She growled at my trainer's belgian for quite a while yesterday. Both were in their kennels but seriously.... Mia.... you vs belgian would end poorly. And then she snapped at the shihpoo in our class when she walked by. The shihpoo is super nice and timid. That's only the second time in Mia's life that SHE'S been the one to start something and both times it's been with very insecure dogs. She's never been super dog tolerant but she seems to be getting less dog tolerant the last few months, which is concerning.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:02 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Oh. My. God. Abrams is driving me INSANE tonight. Who wants a puppy? I will let you borrow him and you won't want one any longer. I'm going to KILL him if he doesnt stop being an idiot. And to make things worse, he cannot sense his impending doom. Idiot dog doesn't know what a bad mood means.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:27 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You should do it!!

I only started training it because I want/need a 100% recall, and the other people I live with will call him but not follow through, so his recall to "come" and "here" is really inconsistent. So my goal is to have him come to me 100% of the time to Accio.
It could never be my "real" recall, as awesome as it is I would totally have to retrain MYSELF to ever think to use it.

I've thought about teaching spells for other commands too, but again, lazy! Maybe if I had a puppy I'd be more motivated I totally want video though when you make progress.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-08-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm All Ears

My dog....

I just can't figure her out sometimes. Most days lately she is very good and reasonable and some days.... like today.... she is awful.

Today she is like Mia on crack. She is wanting to run and screech and squeak tennis balls for hours and throw them repeatedly in my face while screaming at me. We've done a lot of exercise the past 4 days. she is not bored. I only worked 4 hours today.

Luckily I put her in a down stay on the couch and she's calming herself down right now but DANG. It seems like her off switch gets stuck every now and again to where she's in overdrive until you force her to quit. And other days she's totally lazy or is active but turns right off when I want her to. Don't get it.