Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Foster homes are hard to come by. :/
This. It's not something that can be done at the snap of your fingers.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-28-2013, 02:34 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
This. It's not something that can be done at the snap of your fingers.
^This. Fostering is hard. It's hard to basically be starting a dog from scratch all the time. It's hard to be adjusting a dog into your life all the time. It's just.. difficult. It's hard to let them go. I think after Seal is adopted, we are going to take a break. I'm not sure how long it will be yet. It's starting to make me sad, seeing all these dogs I really love finding new homes.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 09-28-2013, 03:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
Watching Shaman grow and develope makes me sad for Gambit. Socially, Shaman is leaps and bounds ahead, and there is no way that Gambit will ever catch up. Most of the time I'm fine with that, though I would sell my first born for the magic bullet for him.

But there is not a dog on this planet who could love me the way Gambit does. He doesn't want toys or chews, or activities. He only wants me. But his fears prevent us from being together as much as we could. I can't take him to friends houses, or to petsmart, or to any of the million and ten pet friendly events that my town hosts because he just can't handle it. And he will never be able to.

He's a good sport about being left behind, but I see how sad it makes him when I take Shaman and not him. Sometimes its unavoidable, but there are so many times that I know I could take both, if it wouldnt make Gambit terrified.

Poor guy. He's too wild to be truely comfortable as a dog, but far too tame to be wild, or even live in a sanctuary type environment. I wish I could fix him.
Gambit might have been shafted by nature, but he's VERY very lucky to have landed in the hands of someone who loves him unconditionally and won't give up on him.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 09-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm All Ears

Mia had some runs this morning and it is raining hard outside so she came in with poopy butt and all wet... so I bathed her. She is PISSED.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

I can't believe my little red dog is going to be three in a week. I can't figure out where the times gone and how we're at three already. I couldn't have asked for a better best bad dog. <3

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 09-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

Collies have always been the breed that I personally wanted. Even as a kid I used to beg for one. I honestly love everything about them. As a kid I was never allowed to have one, and as an adult it's never been the right time to get one. So I donate to a Collie rescue, and usually its all good. I feel good about donating and I know that those dogs will get a good home. And I know they get a little extra something special with my donation.

But I fell in love. It's not even a Collie. It's a Sheltie. And its a male, not a female. I have such major dog want right now and I hate it. He's at the Collie rescue because they also took a Collie in with him. I need to stay off their website for a while because I can't stand to see his sweet face. It's not the right time and its not the breed we were looking at. Nothing is set in stone with that, but, regardless. Not the right time.

Ugh. Being a responsible adult sucks right now.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 09-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Top Dog

I'm just so happy with Onyx. I have started taking her out with the horses recently, and she is such a good riding companion! She just trots along just the right distance behind.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Top Dog

While foster homes are hard to find, I know how Airn feels. I have been in the position a few times where a foster just wasn't working out and it's the most aggravating thing to ask a coordinator to look for anther foster home and not have any effort made to actually do so. This happens a lot. If they would just do their part and actually ASK other fosters/the group, it would be effort. But many don't it seems.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 09-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
While foster homes are hard to find, I know how Airn feels. I have been in the position a few times where a foster just wasn't working out and it's the most aggravating thing to ask a coordinator to look for anther foster home and not have any effort made to actually do so. This happens a lot. If they would just do their part and actually ASK other fosters/the group, it would be effort. But many don't it seems.
Oh, so you spoke to her foster coordinator and asked, and they told you they haven't made any effort?

Just because there does not seem to be anything being done or efforts put forth to people on the outside, does not mean things aren't being done behind the scenes, on the executive half.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-28-2013, 08:03 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I am so happy I have these dogs. 'nough said. I honestly don't know what I'd do without them right now. Abrams, especially.