Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Mae View Post
For example, when the vet brought out the consent form for the anesthesia, I had to hold back tears because I knew there was always that chance.
This happened when Auggie was getting his bladder ultrasound at the university. They told me they might not even have to put him under, but on the off chance that they had to put him under, I had to sign a form saying if I wanted them to try and resuscitate or not if anything happened. So TWO big "this probably won't happen but" and I still had to ask the vet to make sure I'd marked the YES PLEASE because I couldn't read what I was signing after he explained what it was for. x_x

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-20-2013, 04:40 PM
such sights to show you

Squash had a chiropractic appointment today and he was the best boy EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Do you ever just realize you have the best dog you will ever have and that you're never going to have enough time with them? I keep finding my train of thought going that way and I try not to do that often. I want Mia forever more than anything.
I recently realized that Squash was much bigger than I thought he was (I thought he was around 80ish# and he's really about 95#). Then yesterday I suddenly realized he was almost 3 years old and I got very weepy because MY 95 POUND DOG IS ALREADY ALMOST 3 YEARS OLD NOOOOOOOOO TIME MUST STOP. Then he did something silly that made me laugh and I hugged him.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Duuuuude.

I wish I could ask Riff's "breeder" what on earth possessed them to dock the tails on mixed breed pups of unknown heritage! I have nothing against docking, but they gave the pups pointer docks without even knowing if the dad was actually a pointer. Just... what? lol. TBH I love Riff's goofy tail but I want to know what the thought process there was.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm All Ears

Im glad I'm not the only one. I feel guilty because I've had so many great dogs and I adore Summer but Mia is just so special.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
I wish I could ask Riff's "breeder" what on earth possessed them to dock the tails on mixed breed pups of unknown heritage! I have nothing against docking, but they gave the pups pointer docks without even knowing if the dad was actually a pointer. Just... what? lol. TBH I love Riff's goofy tail but I want to know what the thought process there was.
I wish I could ask Diesels 'breeder' the same thing. He is yorkie and poodle, both docked breeds...but both have longer docks, not nubbins like rottys which diesel has lol.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Little dog, big voice

After two sessions, Cali is about 75% on her new trick. I just need to figure out a hand signal for it...

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Im glad I'm not the only one. I feel guilty because I've had so many great dogs and I adore Summer but Mia is just so special.
Kiba turned 9 this year... She is 100% my heart and soul. I don't know what I'm going to do when she dies.

This year has showed me so much more though to treat every day as their last, don't hesitate to give them one more hug... cause you really never know when they'll leave you.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Top Dog

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/pet/3947653402.html
Quote:
Duncan -- a four-year-old Shih Tzu Poo mix -- is about 28 lbs and loves to cuddle and romp. Up to date on all shots, neutered, and micro-chipped. Enjoys nature walks on leash, and will do best with a fenced in backyard with room to explore. He spends time chasing the fish in our backyard pond, which entertains him immensely. Not a good choice for someone who wants a dog off leash while out and about, as he has a strong need to explore, but does well on leash and loves to hike on trails. He is more challenging on a neighborhood walk, as he thinks cars are one of the most exciting inventions in the world. We live on an acre, with one-third fenced in around the house so he can come and go. However, we have begun to rescue and foster and we are not able to give Duncan the cuddle time he deserves and so desires. If you think you are the right person or household for Duncan, please tell us a bit about yourself, your household, why you are interested in acquiring a dog at this time, schedule, and experience with dogs and/or pups. Any questions, please ask. Rehoming fee negotiable to the right household.
Um. You are rehoming your dog so you can 'rescue and foster' other dogs?! Wth?!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Squash had a chiropractic appointment today and he was the best boy EVER.

I recently realized that Squash was much bigger than I thought he was (I thought he was around 80ish# and he's really about 95#). Then yesterday I suddenly realized he was almost 3 years old and I got very weepy because MY 95 POUND DOG IS ALREADY ALMOST 3 YEARS OLD NOOOOOOOOO TIME MUST STOP. Then he did something silly that made me laugh and I hugged him.
Who do you see for chiropractic, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just starting to get into chiropractic with Jack, and I'm looking for recommendations!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
Who do you see for chiropractic, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just starting to get into chiropractic with Jack, and I'm looking for recommendations!
We saw Dr. Seefeldt. I really liked her, and we've gotten a lot of good feedback from clients about her.