Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-25-2013, 12:41 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
I am pet sitting a friends JRT puppy and Panzer thinks she is a present just for him. Ha ha.

Teagan thinks it needs to cease to exist.
I know this is totally unrelated; but the pic of your mastiff pup in your siggy is the cutest. Thing. Ever.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:51 PM
dogstrong

Go P and Georgie!

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 09-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

God. ****. It.

My dog's blood panel told us nothing. Her vitamin B12 levels are the low end of normal but still within "normal." Everything else was basically normal.

And yet she still looks and feels like crap. The vet was like, "I dunno, wanna put her on Hills I/D?"

Ugh.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
God. ****. It.

My dog's blood panel told us nothing. Her vitamin B12 levels are the low end of normal but still within "normal." Everything else was basically normal.

And yet she still looks and feels like crap. The vet was like, "I dunno, wanna put her on Hills I/D?"

Ugh.
I'm really sorry you didn't get an answer.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 09-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
God. ****. It.

Ugh.
I am so sorry. I hope you're able to figure out what the problem is. Poor Blossom and you.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 09-25-2013, 01:16 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
God. ****. It.

Ugh.
Ugh. That is the worst. Could you give her a supplemental B12 injection and see what happens? Or maybe start a treatment for SIBO? Can't remember if you did a round of Metronidazole or not, or if you've tried any pre/probiotics.

Quote:
The vet was like, "I dunno, wanna put her on Hills I/D?"
It never hurts to seek a second opinion. If this vet is stumped, going to another vet for another opinion never hurt anyone. I work at a multi-vet practice and there are a few times one of the vets says, "Huh, I don't know." and confers with the other vets in the practice. Through that discussion and input of other experiences, ideas/thoughts can be gathered that may have otherwise been missed. Even having her bloodwork re-evaluated by someone else may be beneficial.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Ugh. That is the worst. Could you give her a supplemental B12 injection and see what happens? Or maybe start a treatment for SIBO? Can't remember if you did a round of Metronidazole or not, or if you've tried any pre/probiotics.

It never hurts to seek a second opinion. If this vet is stumped, going to another vet for another opinion never hurt anyone. I work at a multi-vet practice and there are a few times one of the vets says, "Huh, I don't know." and confers with the other vets in the practice. Through that discussion and input of other experiences, ideas/thoughts can be gathered that may have otherwise been missed. Even having her bloodwork re-evaluated by someone else may be beneficial.
Yeah we did discuss potentially trying the Vit B injections to see if it yields any results. We did discuss treating for SIBO as well and I have some Metronidazole, however, her stools are firm on the turkey and sweet potato mix so I've held off on that (Metra's not my favorite drug for a lot reasons. I may ask for Tylan.)

I'm definitely open to another opinion and I'm considering seeking out an integrative vet who might have some holistic ideas for supporting her digestion.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:17 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Abrams smells bad. I swear he just had a bath. WHY DOES HE STINK? Bleh.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Top Dog

because he is a retriever and a boy, LOL.

I don't wanna be at work anymore, I sooo need a vacation longer then 4 days where we are still working for 2 of them and the phone rings all weekend as well...im tired and hubby and I are at each other throats it seems. I just wanna go back to working for someone else and making the bill paying someone elses worry .
Old 09-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Why did I get a boy puppy-Lip stick all-the-time EWWW!!!!!

On the plus side, watching other peoples puppies and dogs makes me appreciate my dogs so much more. My dogs rock!

And I am pretty sure JRT puppy thinks I am an evil ruler, because I have rules and talk in a authoritative voice ah ha!

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff