Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Payton apparently forgot how to do weave poles.
One week before his trial.

Worst. dog. ever.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Little dog, big voice

Cali is still at the vet, and we were told to call back at 1:30, so hopefully it went well and she is having an alright time there. When we left this morning, she was being cuddled by the vet while she was answering calls, so I'm sure a few vet techs took time on their breaks to cuddle her as well. She was so excited to be there though, she was whining and wiggling her butt the whole time.

I will just be so glad when she is home. My mom and I were both so worried on the way home and almost started crying. The atmosphere in the house right now is just weird, since usually she runs to the door to greet me after work and will lay on my lap while I wait for my lunch.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Silence, peasants.

You can tell it's getting to 90-100 degrees every day and we can't play outside by how Wesley is going all obsessive border collie on me and dropping his toys on my lap for me to throw over and over for him. Wth, he doesn't even like fetch lol.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 07-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

I took a just-me-and-Elsie walk today, and man, did we need it. She was so pleasant the entire time; polite, attentive, relaxed... it was great.

Then, when we were almost home, we were approached by a loose standard dachshund, and she didn't bark, and when he went wiggly, she relaxed. I wasn't able to catch him, but my neighbor said he's loose all the time. :[

Anyway, I really, really love my dog. She's going to be three in October, and she's just perfect.

Oh, and one of my neighbors asked today if she's, 'One of them Belgian type shepherds,' which was cool.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I trimmed ALL of Lucy's nails on her front feet without her biting at my hands or pulling away screaming. She actually learned it could be a good thing today. I'm so happy!

Now hopefully we can make some headway on those talons. Lol.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 07-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Little dog, big voice

I have started teaching Cali how to beg/sit pretty. She's catching on pretty quick, I think that once she is able to balance herself better, she'll be more willing to perform the trick without a lure.

On another note, Cali is getting her teeth brushed tonight and I am not sure how it will go. She is fine until she smells the toothpaste. I might just put her in the bathtub as though she's getting a bath and then she'll likely just stand calmly while I brush them.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm All Ears

Do you ever just realize you have the best dog you will ever have and that you're never going to have enough time with them? I keep finding my train of thought going that way and I try not to do that often. I want Mia forever more than anything.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Do you ever just realize you have the best dog you will ever have and that you're never going to have enough time with them? I keep finding my train of thought going that way and I try not to do that often. I want Mia forever more than anything.
All the time. :[

As Elsie matures I'm just more and more in love with her.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I think I feel this way about all of my pets, but when it comes to Cali, I can't even fathom anything happening to her. She's a handful sometimes, but when it comes down to it, I adore her. When she went to get her teeth cleaned this week, the house was so quiet. She's such a character and it puts my stomach into knots if I even think about losing her.

For example, when the vet brought out the consent form for the anesthesia, I had to hold back tears because I knew there was always that chance.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Water Junkie

Blaze has his first Speed Retrieve clinic in an hour. SO excited! My friend and I have been practicing for the last couple weeks with us holding the toy, working on spotting, etc. But tonight the trainer will have an actual SR device so no human will be holding the toy or helping with spotting.

So happy to be able to practice this outside of competitions!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l