Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
The reason bulldog people are like that is because no other breed is as villainized, discriminated against, or mislabeled as the APBT. Just today I had a long time customer tell me that I should really consider rehoming mine before I had children because, you know "they go crazy once they're not the center of attention anymore and could kill your baby with one bite."
This. Half in and half out of the APBT community, I really get that. Especially when the people who usually get in a twist about it do so because they're owners of, usually, older working/gamebred lines and you generally almost never find those in shelters because they keep such tight grip on them nowadays. And most mixes in shelters don't really compare to the working dog - I mean, their drive is EXTREME up the wall constantly so to call any standard bully looking dog a Pit Bull, like calling a Chessie a Lab (both retrievers but still not the same), it's really doing a disservice to the breed, especially considering the misconceptions and the gunk surrounding it with bad breedings where temperament isn't taken into consideration.

Last edited by Melle; 07-19-2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-19-2014, 08:40 PM
orange iguanas.

Cajun totally did the dogwalk and half of the teeter at agility today Our silly park shenanigans and jumping on objects paid off! She didn't fall or slip or look ridiculously clumsy at all. She just isn't so sure what to think about the teeter moving underneath her but that's okay. I feel like I accomplished something.

She also randomly decided my bed looked comfortable. Which, the way she sheds, this is the LAST dog I want on my bed.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm All Ears

I have the best dog in the world. She is so sweet. Tries so hard. Is so easy.

I'm so lucky to have her.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:17 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

When Michael and I really drunk fake fight, Abrams gets very upset. Like, really upset. Poor guy didn't know who to bark at and who he was supposed to be defending.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Dogless

So, there was a neighborhood party tonight.Someone made me in charge of 4 dogs,& 13 kids, all under 10 years of age. This was during dinner. It was chaos. The kids were feeding the dogs. The dogs were eating everything. They both weren't listening.

Never again.

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

~A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.~
Old 07-20-2014, 05:33 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTheSibe View Post
So, there was a neighborhood party tonight.Someone made me in charge of 4 dogs,& 13 kids, all under 10 years of age. This was during dinner. It was chaos. The kids were feeding the dogs. The dogs were eating everything. They both weren't listening.

Never again.
Oh my gosh! I don't know how you got through that, knowing my anxiety I would have just said no lol.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Top Dog

I think I broke my dog, but in a good way. Hudson says a week of 2 toddlers, hiking, swimming, and then more hiking is too much for his wee little brain and he needs a few days to rest. Lazy slug.

In other news, he does know how to swim and liked playing retriever.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 07-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Show Dog

Dear rental agencies:

My dog is small to me. 40 pounds does not a giant make. He barks once a month if that for ten seconds, he is crated to prevent destruction when I'm not around, he is friendly and has his CGC. He has garnered zero complaints living in a NYC apartment. Why are you making this so difficult? I just want a place that's not in a crack den that allows dogs, I don't need anything fancy or remodeled.

Please, please work with me on this. Especially because I hope to get a second dog in the next year.

Love (not really though),
A frazzled dog owner
Old 07-21-2014, 12:57 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMutt View Post
Dear rental agencies:

My dog is small to me. 40 pounds does not a giant make. He barks once a month if that for ten seconds, he is crated to prevent destruction when I'm not around, he is friendly and has his CGC. He has garnered zero complaints living in a NYC apartment. Why are you making this so difficult? I just want a place that's not in a crack den that allows dogs, I don't need anything fancy or remodeled.

Please, please work with me on this. Especially because I hope to get a second dog in the next year.

Love (not really though),
A frazzled dog owner
It's appalling to me how many renters /hotels / apartments allow kids but not dogs, IME kids are MUCH more destructive than dogs, even a "bad" dog.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
It's appalling to me how many renters /hotels / apartments allow kids but not dogs, IME kids are MUCH more destructive than dogs, even a "bad" dog.
I've never met a kid that ate doors, drywall, carpet, or went through glass windows.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm