Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Silence, peasants.

It sounds like it could very well be a UTI, especially considering he did have to hold it for so long. Wesley had one earlier this year, out of nowhere he started peeing in the house. He got let out every half an hour and had constant water available, and it passed over after a couple of days. Hope it gets solved soon, sounds frustrating for both puppy and you.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Me on the phone with the vet last time with Auggie:

"Hey so uh my dog is squatting and no pee is coming out and I'm not sure if I need an appointment or - oh nevermind, he's peeing a river all over my deck right now. It's because I'm on the phone with you."

He KNOWS when I get a vet on the phone. He KNOWS. I tried faking him out once when he was a puppy. I picked up the phone and pretended to be on the phone with the e-vet. Nope not buying it. ACTUALLY dial the e-vet... puppy immediately vomits up the thing he should not have eaten once they are on the phone. "Yeah my dog ate this thing and I'm inducing vomiting but he's not throwing up ye - ...nevermind."

**** dog.

If he does have a UTI you might also get some anti-inflammatories to help with any swelling too. We've done that twice with Auggie, a week of pain meds, two weeks of abx.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-29-2013, 09:59 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Hrmmmmmmm.

I just fed Cynder and she ate all of her food. Then I hear the loudest hacking noise on the face of the earth. I turn on the light to make sure she's not dying and she had vomited all the food up onto the carpet. It wasn't like normal dog vomit. The vomit was in a column, not in a pile. (Maybe because she had literally just eaten the food?) It looked more like a cat's hairball than anything.
She also coughs/hacks when she lays on her back for too long. (And sneezes when she plays, for whatever reason.)

Should I be concerned? Can dogs get hairballs?

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Should I be concerned? Can dogs get hairballs?
Definitely. Rosey got hairballs all the time. Thankfully, she always coughed them up and they never obstructed. It was ****ing disgusting, though.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Little dog, big voice

We're going to a concert today, and Cali will be staying with our pet sitter's daughter. Apparently when her mom told her that Cali was going to be their guest for two days, she asked if she'd be able to watch her instead... which is fine by me, but as always, I'll be a bit worried. I figure that if my dad can successfully watch her for a weekend, just about anyone can.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:38 PM
The Monster.

So, I've been putting together a freestyle routine with Cohen for the past few weeks. I was just told that I'm going to get a chance to perform it tomorrow in front of a crowd. It's totally premature, and I really only have half of it done. But... when in doubt, repeat, right?

I'm pretty excited. Don't feel too nervous. Glad that I'm kind of getting thrown into the deep end with this one, so I'll have to sink or swim (hopefully swim).

Cohen barks. A lot. Hopefully she doesn't bark so loudly she can't hear my cues. We'll see!

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 08-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Top Dog

Limit got neutered last week. They sutured part if his scrotum...why?? It's bothering him, and it is a little infected so he's on antibiotics too. Poor little guy. He's super good, doesn't pick at it or anything. I'm very irritated. Won't be going back to that vet if/when Robin is neutered!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Top Dog

A year after I had sent many emails and phone calls to a local search and rescue group, I finally just received a reply from them. I think I'm going to try it out with Pirate. My hours suck though so it's going to be hard to have our free time match up.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
A comment was made today with (I believe) the implication that I should be doing more for Frodo's reactivity and therefore his quality of life. It is definitely true in that I do not have a house for him, and he would function much better in a house. I feel like I can't put myself into a life where I'm living beyond my means for him, and I don't want to be made to feel bad for making that decision.

I'm trying not to let the whole thing bother me, but I'm failing miserably
Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
It is absurd to think one would put themselves out financially for a dog, especially when you have his situation under control& do so much to make him a happy dog. Some people are ridiculous.

OMG, your dog would do so much better in a mansion on a large estate. If you don't move there you must not love him. Make sure you have a full time butler. He needs that, too.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:15 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Abrams does have a UTI. A very mild one, but it is there. (Dip stick found white blood cells, and when I looked at it under the microscope, sure enough, white blood cells and some cocci.) Poor bugger. Starting him on antibiotics this evening. Hopefully this will help solve our urination issues!

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~