Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-03-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia is being really bizarre this afternoon. I got home early which is awesome. My boss snuck around to tell us to leave.

But... I've been home since around 3:30 and she's CONTINUOUSLY asking to be let out. It's hot outside- upper 80s. So I'm hesitant because of her heat tolerance issues. But she's asking constantly, whining and barking and standing by the door. When I let her outside for a while she will not come indoors at all.

WTF is this? This is weird for her. Usually if I'm not outside with them, she's begging to go back inside.

I guess she's bored?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:19 PM
orange iguanas.

Another interesting fact about my dogs: recalls are better at the dog park than they are at... regular, no distraction parks.
Because they like to be backwards, I guess.

And I'm kind of concerned that Cajun decided to go to bed for the night at 6pm. I feel like this means she's going to be awake way too early in the morning.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Bored Now.

I'm snuggling in bed with a GSD mix and a Lab mix. While they're stress-shedding all over my freshly washed bedding. Oh, and drooling. There's drooling. On the sheets. And me.

THIS IS TRUE LOVE, YA'LL.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:59 AM
Top Dog

I'm looking back on posts I posted two years ago on a dog forum I used to frequent. Ahhh, how ignorant was I.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 07-04-2014, 06:02 AM
Big Dog

Sooo, power was out on almost the whole block when I got home last night from hanging out and poor Nina :S It'd been too hot to exercise her before I left the house, so she was all strung once took her out for a night walk.

Ran into a friend from across the street with her dog and we ended up going on a nightwalk together. A few of her friends started trying to freak us out hiding under a bush overhang on the next block over but then the dogs could kind of see them and starting growling and barking (Nina didn't bark until they actually were standing with us talking, late to the party much?), but she got excited knowing someone was in the dark across the street being weird :P At least they were friendly.

Last night was...interesting, and fun. The whole day was.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:28 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

This is going to be Abrams first fourth of July as not a wee baby puppy. Last night, at two in the morning, someone was shooting off fireworks and every time there would be a pop/boom he'd growl under his breath and woof. Stupid dog.

Old 07-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Fireworks are popping off every five minutes (despite being against the neighborhood's rules) and Crystal's hiding in a corner. Great.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 07-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Big Dog

Good gosh I lucked out - this dog is bombproof.

She gives no barks about the fireworks. I was wondering if it'd be the same as when she hears thunder - unless it's a crack that makes the house shake, she literally just doesn't care (of course if the house shakes, she assumes it's an intruder and does lame things like chew her tether >.>). And these fireworks are maybe just a block away. She blinks at me and goes back to sleep.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Show Dog

I'm pleasantly surprised, my fearful foster boy isn't bothered by the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. They set off mortars earlier tonight, still hearing some random pops right now and he's doing fine. Thunderstorms are scary but fireworks, no big deal.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Show Dog

I thought I was going to be lucky this year, Pig got a little spooked when neighbors were setting off little fireworks but she recovered quickly and then didn't really react at all to the rest of them. Annnnd then the big firework show started. She was squishing herself between my legs and the counter or the oven the whole time I was cooking. If there wasn't anything to squeeze between she would just press against me as hard as she could or go between my legs.

Luckily the boys couldn't care less about it. Although Badger was wondering what the hell Pig was so concerned about a few times.