Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Highbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
Want to get some sort of seat cover/hammock for my new-to-me car to (hopefully) keep Harleigh-hair from accumulating everywhere. I'm just not sure what to get... help?!

If everything goes as planned, I'll be getting a 2009 Honda Civic on the 27th. So something that will fit in the back seat!
All I can say is do NOT cheap out and get the Walmart brand one. I made that mistake early this year, and the thing has already pretty well fallen apart.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:57 PM
LABRADERP!

Anyone want a Retriever puppy?

He won't stop dropping his ball in my food.
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 06-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Big Dog

Got home after graduation to find my parents gave me a new HD digital camera, EXCELLENT quality, will be perfect for new outdoor shoots of Nina

Also, our new leather leash came today! Soooo smooth, 3/4", probably could have gone with 5/8 but want to stay on the safe side. Braided ends, not a single bit of hardware that could break. Heavy duty snap. Can't wait to finish breaking this baby in
Old 06-18-2014, 10:43 PM
orange iguanas.

Cajun likes to constantly drop toys on my mom's lap when she's sitting on the couch. My mom's attempt at getting her to "stop" is to throw the toy (haha) or physically push Cajun away (haha). Tonight my mom found it annoying and was complaining about it, so I told her, just don't let her do it then. Stand up and step into her when she comes toward you with a toy and she'll stop doing it. So my mom started doing that and Cajun would literally just come right back and try again, and after like 5 times my mom was done and upset that it would never work. I said... do you notice that not once does she ever bring the toy to my lap. Mom goes okay, let's trade places and see what Cajun does (thinking that my lap was just less convenient to get to). So we did. And Cajun looked at me. And looked at her toy. And walked away and went to go chew on a bone.

I don't know why people think you have to just tolerate a behavior, you can totally fix things! And no it's not going to happen instantly if it's something that's been allowed for so long.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-18-2014, 10:52 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

I was rolling leg wraps and our barn cat (who has decided that I am her person for some reason) was watching me, I grabbed a wrap and flipped it so it was straight to roll and she jumped at it, thinking I was playing and grabbed for it and got my hand! I know she is just a kitten and was only playing but still ... WTF cat!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Dogless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle View Post
Got home after graduation to find my parents gave me a new HD digital camera, EXCELLENT quality, will be perfect for new outdoor shoots of Nina

Also, our new leather leash came today! Soooo smooth, 3/4", probably could have gone with 5/8 but want to stay on the safe side. Braided ends, not a single bit of hardware that could break. Heavy duty snap. Can't wait to finish breaking this baby in
Yay, that's so awesome. I'm looking forward to see pictures.

Someone, I know gave their coach a six week old kitten, as present. They got it from a "store". Great, just, great. They want to get themselves a teddy bear dog.

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian
Old 06-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Show Dog

*sigh* My foster dog rolled in some poop yesterday afternoon on our walk. I had just got done bragging about what a good boy overall he is a few hours earlier in the day. While I've seen other dogs roll in nasty stuff this will be the first dog under my care who has rolled in something gross. Hoping this doesn't become a normal thing for him. He was not pleased with the resulting bath he got but I know the time lapse between rolling in the nasty and getting the bath was too long for him to make the connection.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
Want to get some sort of seat cover/hammock for my new-to-me car to (hopefully) keep Harleigh-hair from accumulating everywhere. I'm just not sure what to get... help?!

If everything goes as planned, I'll be getting a 2009 Honda Civic on the 27th. So something that will fit in the back seat!
I have this one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We got it Jan. of last year. It doesn't get used hard, but we've done several trips from NY to OH & 1 trip from NY to NC & back with it. So far it has held up great.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 06-19-2014, 10:17 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I dare say, Abrams may finally be starting to mature and develop some patience. Last night when Jessie's owner came to pick her up, I booted Abrams outside so her owner wouldn't get clobbered by Abrams trying to kiss him. Abrams just sat patiently by the door and didn't jump at it, whine, cry, or otherwise through a fit. And then this morning, I let him out to potty around 6am and then went back to bed after DH left for work. Instead of having to barricade him from the bedroom to keep him from whining and staring at me, then every time I move having him half jump on the bed, he's actually laying down and patiently waiting for me to get up to feed him!

Hooray for the start of a bit of a brain. Only took 14 months!

Old 06-19-2014, 10:32 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttkip View Post
Anyone want a Retriever puppy?

He won't stop dropping his ball in my food.
Yes and yes, haha.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13