Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Filling out entry forms for an agility trial, putting Miss Georgie in Excellent Jumpers while Payton is still in Open... so I stopped to fill out Auggie's and make myself feel better. MASTERS LEVEL. BEAT THAT, GEORGIE. OH YOU CAN'T, CAN YOU.

NOT YET ANYWAY.

PROBABLY SOON THOUGH.

SHOOT.

STUPID PAYTON.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-09-2014, 01:00 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

We're going to be watching a dog (and cat) for a week starting Wednesday evening. Will be interesting to see what its like having three dogs around! The dogs have only met once, but they got along very well and she seems like a good dog - here's hoping she meshes well and doesn't make me want to kill myself over the upcoming week. And that the cat and DH tolerate one another, as saying he isn't a cat person is a bit of an understatement.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Highbread Dingbat

Note to self: Shut the window before leaving.

I went to walk Josh to the bus stop and lazy Rigby wouldn't get up off the couch so I just took Cobain.
Once across the street I see her standing on the roof looking over the little 1ft wall at the top. I don't think she would jump....but then again I wouldn't be surprised with the way my luck works.

Thanks for the mini heart attack Rig
Old 06-09-2014, 10:55 PM
I'm All Ears

Why do some people get really uppity about their dogs having a higher title than someone else's dog? Why does it matter if they brag (or in this case just acknowledge) about their novice title? Yes, everyone knows your dog has higher titles. But really.... them bragging about their 'not much work' titles has nothing to do with your dog. Perhaps it WAS a lot of work for them and their dog. Maybe they came through some sort of issue to get there. Maybe they can't afford to trial as much as you. Maybe it's their first title and they're excited. Maybe they have different goals than you. Maybe maybe maybe....

I don't get why people take it SO seriously.

'They shouldn't mention that title. It's not even a real title. It's not hard to get.' Blah blah blah.

Chillax people. Seriously. It's dogs jumping over PVC pipes. Not the end of the world.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:01 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Why do some people get really uppity about their dogs having a higher title than someone else's dog? Why does it matter if they brag (or in this case just acknowledge) about their novice title? Yes, everyone knows your dog has higher titles. But really.... them bragging about their 'not much work' titles has nothing to do with your dog. Perhaps it WAS a lot of work for them and their dog. Maybe they came through some sort of issue to get there. Maybe they can't afford to trial as much as you. Maybe it's their first title and they're excited. Maybe they have different goals than you. Maybe maybe maybe....

I don't get why people take it SO seriously.

'They shouldn't mention that title. It's not even a real title. It's not hard to get.' Blah blah blah.

Chillax people. Seriously. It's dogs jumping over PVC pipes. Not the end of the world.
Not really a "title" but it really irks me when people knock the CGC test like it's "no big deal" and "any dog can pass." Uh. For my dog it WAS a big deal. So shut your face. =P

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Why do some people get really uppity about their dogs having a higher title than someone else's dog?
BECAUSE GEORGIE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A REAL TRAINER
IT'S NOT FAIR THAT SHE HAS A HIGHER TITLE THAN PAYTON
DANG IT

*kicks rocks*

In all seriousness though, yeah, it's a game... supposed to be fun. Lighten up kids.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-10-2014, 04:45 AM
Show Dog

We can create a new thread if needed. So, should we create one?

My friend has seen bottles that have a straw on TV. You can pour water from those bottles by tilting them. However, she has seen those only on TV. They do sell bottles and cups that have a straw around here but they are different. You need to suck in order to get anything out of them. Dogs don't drink that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
My friend would like to know if it's possible to make a dog to drink from this kind of bottle: http://www.promotion.eu/en/leisure-g...ng-bottle.html

It would be good if the dog could drink straight from the bottle if you are somewhere where it's difficult to use a bowl
My friend might be somewhere where it's difficult to pour water from a bottle. If Lotta doesn't drink all of it, it may not be possible to pour water to anywhere except on the floor. However, one should do it. Water cannot be poured back to a bottle because it would get dirty easily. Then it would be easier if Lotta could drink from a bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfozz View Post
Has she tried one of these bottles?
http://www.petsmart.com/gsi/webstore...36&SKU=36-7329

Or maybe one of these bowls that folds right up to nothing when you're not using it?
http://www.backcountryk9.com/Gear/Dog-Bowls
It doesn't make any difference that what kind of bowl it is and is it attached to a bottle.

So, is it possible to get a dog drink from a bottle? Lotta doesn't want to drink from it. It doesn't help if my friend pours water from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
So, does anyone have any ideas? In case someone suggests, my friend doesn't have any liquid that contains meat, besides she's talking about drinking pure water.

My friend and Asperger
Lotta is funny and playful <<--read more
Old 06-10-2014, 07:20 AM
I'm All Ears

No, my dogs would not want to drink directly from the bottle. I think a lot of dogs would be worried that you were going to pour the water on them or that the stream of water was going to get them wet.

Those collapsible bowls fold up into nothing. You could just put one in your pocket.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Highbread Dingbat

It's weird having a dog that watches tv. Last night Rig was fascinated with Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. She could barely keep her eyes open, but she was so fascinated with the movie.

She got left at home while Coby got to hang out at the bar with us
Ah the perks of living in a crappy area...
Old 06-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Top Dog

Gage will, and loves. To, have water poured from a bottle into his mouth, but he's huge and even still it makes a mess because he has no lips to stop it from pouring from the sides of his mouth.
Could Lotta be trained to drink from something like this?