Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-01-2014, 08:36 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I hope that someday I end up with a truly healthy dog. :-(

Dance used to have extreme digestive upsets. Now she has severe food allergies that cause her skin to break out and then she scratches and causes infections and her chest is permanently bald now as a result.

The Dobermans both have some weird skin issue that requires them to eat excessive amounts of EFAs and fish food only.

Journey has a mystery cough and stuffy nose that is presumably an environmental allergy and was good for a while but now has been acting up again this week. Anti-inflammatory meds got rid of it last time, but this time not as much. I might take her in for xrays soon just to make absolutely certain that it's not a nasal passage and/or chest/lung issue. And, to top it off, poor girl as had diarrhea all week. Thankfully she is her same happy, goofy, wonderful self. But it makes me sad and very worried. Nobody wants to deal with allergies, but I sincerely hope it is just an allergy and nothing more.

Ugh. I know getting a healthy dog is kind of a crapshoot and nothing is guaranteed, but I did everything right, especially last time, and there are still issues. I also wish that I didn't get so attached to dogs sometimes. Journey is everything to me as far as dogs go and I am so sad that there is something wrong that I thought was a fixable thing and now appears it might just be an ongoing thing forever. She is such a dream dog for me. Fantastic temperament, beautiful structure, amazing personality... I wish her health was 100% too. Thankfully she is from a wonderful breeder who is always there and I have spoken to her about this issue, but still, I can't help but be worried.
Totally understand that. Health issues suck so bad. It my worst fear with Nextdog.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Duuuuude.

Last night I had a very vivid dream in which I owned a bi-black MAS named Roy.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 06-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Higbread Dingbat

Mom and I ran a 5k with Cobain and Ruby today.
Weather was great, Cobain ran perfectly (of course), just a shame he didn't have a faster owner Still waiting on my times, but I'm certain I did much better than last years 36 minutes!

Took Rigby and Oz up for a walk to the ice cream store later in the day so they got to have their "special outing."
Rigby allowed a PILE of kids to pet her without so much as a flinch! She's come such a long way with her fear issues in the past month. So proud of her
Old 06-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

Ugh, Gusto got attacked by a lab today. The woman was an idiot. We were on a (legal) off-leash hiking trail. I was nearly back to the car when I saw someone with a leashed dog ahead, so I called my two and put them on leash (because I don't allow them to approach leashed dogs). Walked by pleasantly, and since we were almost to the car, I just kept my two on leash. A woman was walking towards us, with a kid on her back in a carrier and no leashes in sight. Her two labs come charging at us from way behind her as she asks "Are they friendly?".

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU GOING TO DO IF I SAY NO?! I didn't even have time to answer before one of the labs jumped Gusto snarling and snapping. Meg, for some weird reason, didn't react at all. She's usually very quick to come back at dogs who charge into her space. Maybe all the work we've been doing with going by dogs on invisible fence in the neighborhood the last few months has been paying off. I wish she'd gotten involved. I feel back that I kicked the dog hard, but really? Don't mess with my dogs. Especially the one who won't defend himself.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:04 PM
The Monster.

Sorry for you, Meg and Gusto. It's always a Lab, isn't it?

Lately I've been really, really pleased at how well Cohen interacts with children. Last weekend we were chilling in the park and were approached by a toddler. As the kid's mother and I chatted, her son threw Cohen's ball for her. The next day, we were doing a demo and afterwards a ~8 year old girl asked to play disc with Cohen and Cohen obliged. Today, she was hanging out in my front yard while I gardened and my neighbour's young boy came by with his father. While his father and I chatted the boy threw sticks for Cohen, and Cohen tugged gently with him and rolled over on her back for belly pats.

She's normally so loud when she plays, and she's normally so focused on me while we're out... it's nice to see her work with kids too.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 06-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm All Ears

So I said I would babysit Beau and Rose. I get Beau and he's like morbidly obese. He is panting like crazy and just looks terrible. I've talked to them about it before but no...... too much work to put him on a diet. I feel so bad for him.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:29 PM
orange iguanas.

At Cajun's obedience class today, after running through a few things one of the owners who was working next to us goes, "you have an incredibly well-trained dog." Aw shucks. Maybe I do sometimes do things right.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
At Cajun's obedience class today, after running through a few things one of the owners who was working next to us goes, "you have an incredibly well-trained dog." Aw shucks. Maybe I do sometimes do things right.
Hahahahaha, I love getting those compliments, but I always have to say back that she's well trained, not well behaved Left to her own devices, she's getting into something she shouldn't. Enzo is really my only well behaved dog. They're all well trained but Enzo is just one of those GOOD DOGS, where she doesn't do anything wrong, like, ever.

Except bring home magical coconuts, but it's entertaining, so whatever.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

I woke up this am and found that someone, probably Gimmick, had had a horrible diarrhea in my bathtub. The sad part was that I was actually proud that he had done it there instead of on the floor. Go Gimmick!

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Higbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
I woke up this am and found that someone, probably Gimmick, had had a horrible diarrhea in my bathtub. The sad part was that I was actually proud that he had done it there instead of on the floor. Go Gimmick!
Very impressive that he chose the bathtub!
Hoping that's the end of it and he's feeling better