Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Top Dog

Hopefully getting my parents' old freezer next week.. yay for raw storage!

Also continuing to source meat. Local butcher will order me cases of beef heart for 1.29 a lb and pork heart for .75 a lb!

Old 05-14-2014, 10:37 PM
orange iguanas.

Good dog news of the day: I took Cajun to our usual outdoor ice rink for some fetch over my lunch break. Unfortunately this city probably doesn't intend on people using these for dog exercise, so the rink does not have a gate and there is a good 8 or so feet of just open space between the boards. Normally this isn't an issue and Cajun has never even made an attempt to exit the rink, however today she was tempted... probably because there were kids playing on the playground behind us. I also normally have her drag her leash while we're there, just in case, but of course today was the first day I took her leash off because "it's never been an issue!"

Anyway, at one point I was a bad owner and was looking at my phone and out of the corner of my eye saw her trotting out of the rink with her tennis ball in her mouth After thinking all sorts of unpleasant words, I shouted for her to come and wouldn't you know it.... that dog whipped right around and came running back to me. And then promptly dropped her ball at my feet like this was all just part of the fetch routine.

Needless to say, I jackpotted the hell out of her with treats and then we pranced around together. I don't think the preschoolers and their teachers would have appreciated my ferocious Doberman coming at them And I am glad the ice rinks by my house have gates that shut!!

We haven't done a TON of work on recall but I've been pretty good about only using it when I know she's going to respond, and making it super fun for her when she does. Guess we're on the right track.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-15-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm All Ears

My two dogs had a knock down drag out fight this morning. I let them out to potty then started hearing a commotion and Summer had Mia pinned to the fence and both were making awful amounts of noise and snapping at each other. I am guessing Mia tackled Summer and Summer did not like it. Now they are growling whenever they get too close to each other.

Ugh they've always gotten along spectacularly so hopefully they cool it down.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

So I googled imaged searched Split faced Boston Terrier and this popped up , funny that doesn't look like a Boston?

Old 05-15-2014, 02:50 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I *finally* found a (high quality) boarding facility that accepts intact dogs! Whoot! I could not believe the amount of places that said, "Sorry, all dogs must be altered by six months of age." And it isn't as expensive as having a sitter come to the house.

Nice to know I have an option for the dogs should I need it. They said they'd be comfortable with Cynder's megaE, too.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 05-15-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
So I googled imaged searched Split faced Boston Terrier and this popped up , funny that doesn't look like a Boston?

Hey I know that dog....
Old 05-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

lol , I was so confused and just like waaaaaaa?
Old 05-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Higbread Dingbat

Probably just destroyed a friendship for telling someone how I really felt about their dog's breeding and the ridiculous prices they're charging for unregistered pups.
Especially since Cobain was pretty well-bred and cheaper than what they're charging.

Oops.

Sometimes I find it really hard to keep my mouth shut. Especially after a few days of being stuck in the house, and having a few too many drinks.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

http://northmiss.craigslist.org/pet/4471857165.html

This isn't a disaster waiting to happen.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Dogless

Apparently someone is claiming that Wolves are Felines,& that they are hypoallergenic.

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian