Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Kinda nice that I can leave my 8 month old puppy loose in the bedroom for hours while I'm out, and know she won't get into any trouble-she's so trustworthy in that way. It makes me happy that she can move around and play with her toys instead of being crated while I'm gone.
Jealous. Roxie's good if EVERYTHING is put away and there's absolutely no way she can get to anything, so she's been great in the open area of the house with all doors shut.

Tried having her in my bedroom once though. She tore up the carpet... So yeah. I'm jealous of all y'all with dogs that are easier to leave.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Let it be

I forgot to crate Arya the other night and she obviously just snoozed all night on the couch because the house was untouched and she was sleeping with her feet right up in the air.

She had never tried climbing on the furniture before and now she thinks she is queen of the castle.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Higbread Dingbat

I stupidly gave the dogs a nice raw bone yesterday totally forgetting that I had to switch their kibble brand suddenly without a transition period.
Usually they're fine with a good bone every few days, but I guess with the food change it threw them off.

Cleaned up 2 Rigby explosions last night. And managed to catch her vomit with a dish so I didn't have to clean it up off the floor.
Bathed 2 crap covered dog butts.

I feel horrible for doing this to them.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Big Dog

I feel so unprepared for a puppy. I haven't had a puppy in almost 11 years since I got Simba.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:49 PM
The Monster.

When I mused about just needing to teach her to throw it back someone made this...

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 05-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Dogless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Mudi is also on my list I have been in contact with several breeders and one in particular is interested in me taking a pup from them. HOWEVER, this won't be until I'm done with Limit so we're talking quite a long while.
How long are you looking at?

Lucky! Mudi is definitely on my list of wants. But,I haven't even considered the breed I want yet.I have some breeds in mind, which mainly consists of herders, but Papillon is in there too.

Still a long way from getting a dog.At least three years from now, probably longer, it just depends on a multitude of things.

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

~A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.~
Old 05-11-2014, 07:34 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Mudi is also on my list I have been in contact with several breeders and one in particular is interested in me taking a pup from them. HOWEVER, this won't be until I'm done with Limit so we're talking quite a long while.
Oh nice! Is the breeder in NA? I haven't been able to find any breeders on this side of the Atlantic producing my preferred kind of dog so am curious...all my favorites have been imports.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 05-11-2014, 09:26 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

DH stained in the garage today and it still smells bad, so Abrams is having a go at sleeping loose in the house tonight. I'm not worried he'll mess on the floor or anything, but here's hoping we don't get woken up by him barking at something!

Also, I've started to leave him loose home alone for short periods of time and he's done fabulous so far. Really hoping that continues and we can phase out the crate.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:39 PM
orange iguanas.

Juno didn't want to come down to bed with me last night. So I said fine, go ahead and stay upstairs on your bed. Well apparently at 4:30am she got sick of that so I got woken up to the sound of her standing outside my bedroom door barking

My mom keeps asking me when we can get Cajun in to get spayed and I'm like... I want no part of keeping this dog quiet for 2 weeks so an incision can heal. Is it bad that that's really my only reason for wanting to put the surgery off as long as possible lol. She goes running at the park every day and is still a crazy lady so I don't want to know what she'd be like without! Pretty sure it'd be easier to keep a 6 month old quiet. So basically, we're gonna be waiting her whole life for her to mellow out before she can be spayed I don't know why my mom's in such a rush, I see no reason to hurry!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTheSibe View Post
How long are you looking at?
Ok, well assuming everything goes ok (aka Limit is healthy/capable of/and enjoys competing) then not for 8ish years LOL Unless my home situation changes, like we move somewhere with acreage, or I have a bunch of time, or whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Oh nice! Is the breeder in NA? I haven't been able to find any breeders on this side of the Atlantic producing my preferred kind of dog so am curious...all my favorites have been imports.
Hilarow Mudis is the one that I've been watching. I have no idea about what they produce. Just adding some random groups/breeders to watch. I'd love to know what breeders you like. I am also watching MANY Kelpie breeders, a few here in the US, but mostly overseas so importing my next sportdog will not be out of the question by any means.