Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-06-2014, 05:23 AM
Higbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Totally unrelated to anything but I just simply can't stand hearing someone repeat a command over and over again (you know ... "Sit fido, come on! Sit! Sit, siiiiiiiiiit ...etc") ugh I just want to smack those people in he back of the head and scream at them that they are teaching their dog to IGNORE them rather then teaching them a command. These are also usually the same people who call their dogs "stupid"

I just posted a video to a FB group on Rigby's distance progress. I said almost every command twice and didn't even notice until I watched it.
I was really upset with myself! Especially since she had already committed to the action I was asking of her with the first command, just doing it a lot slower than I was wanting.

My parents are totally guilty of that as well, I'm sure it will take some time to bring my 2 back up to a respectable level of listening.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Top Dog

I desperately want a puppy from a particular litter next year. But... that means I have a lot to think about regarding timing and finances. Ugh. Why do I have to be at this college/going into grad school age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Spent 4 hours filming today. The dogs were both troopers.
Yay! Great news I take it that Mia was feeling okay?
Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Higbread Dingbat

If I hear another person say "oh his tail is tucked he must be sad/upset/aggressive/timid/abused..." about Cobain I might snap.

He is a Border Collie, the breed standard calls for a dropped tail. It falls nicely in line with his hocks, it's not tucked, and that's just the way I like it. He's perfectly fine.

When his tail is up, THAT is when you should be worried.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:17 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

A breeder of ACDs fairly close to us is going to breed his two of his females some time this month. If she is confirmed pregnant and everything goes as planned, then (if my math is right???) that would out the arrival of the puppies around July, and going home around September - October or so.

This guy is a cattle rancher, only has about 6 dogs and while he doesn't show, he does do the necessary Health testing for the breed ... And has beautiful dogs. I hope this works out! I really really do, it's been 5 years almost since I have had a little heeler-demon ram-Rodding around.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I desperately want a puppy from a particular litter next year. But... that means I have a lot to think about regarding timing and finances. Ugh. Why do I have to be at this college/going into grad school age?
What litter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfozz View Post
If I hear another person say "oh his tail is tucked he must be sad/upset/aggressive/timid/abused..." about Cobain I might snap.
LOL Limit's tail is often down because he's nervous, and I still think people should shut their mouth. It's not like I'm not aware of his mental state.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:42 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfozz View Post

I just posted a video to a FB group on Rigby's distance progress. I said almost every command twice and didn't even notice until I watched it.
I was really upset with myself! Especially since she had already committed to the action I was asking of her with the first command, just doing it a lot slower than I was wanting.

My parents are totally guilty of that as well, I'm sure it will take some time to bring my 2 back up to a respectable level of listening.
LMBO I have been guilty of that too lol, I think we all do it at some point. I am ESP prone to doing it with the old dog who can't hear **** ... But ... In his defense ... He can't hear **** LOL.

I am talking about joe blow dog owner with the untrained dog repeating a comment a thousand times and then saying that the dog is dumb because it won't listen ... Lol.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post

Yay! Great news I take it that Mia was feeling okay?
She was and has been! I haven't tried walking her or working her out in this 100F (or nearly) heat though. But she demo'd interior searches just fine.

She's getting a little stir crazy but doing well inside and hanging around the yard. Poor thing needs a sibling that will PLAY with her longer than 5 minutes. She tries but Summer says she is too old.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Big Dog

Haha, does your dog respond to your attempts at doggy language?

I was just lying down on the couch relaxing, and Leo kept throwing/pushing his ball at me. I wasn't really terribly bothered by it and was in a quirky mood, so instead of telling him no, I pulled my lips back and showed him my teeth (without moving or making any other sounds). This resulted in instant calming signals, and immediately leaving me alone.

I am way too proud of my successful doggy language
Old 05-06-2014, 09:42 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Sure, I like when people throw trash in to my completely privacy fenced in yard... Because what dog DOESN'T like cooked chicken wing bones and a little container of coleslaw?????

Sometimes I hate my neighborhood. This just goes hand in hand with the dog who, rather than just fence barking, decided it would be best to scale the chainlink fence and rush my dogs yesterday. BLAHHHHHH.

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 05-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Some potentially very exciting things afoot. Potentially. So many reasons why it might not work, but we're going to give it the good 'ol college try. And I'm insane.

No expectations, no high hopes. This will be my mantra.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.