Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-26-2014, 08:34 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
That sounds like Frodo when I drop him off at his special needs boarding place. We walk in, he says hello to the women who run it, then heads straight to their expansive, fenced in play-yard and never looks back. It's half awesome because I love that he loves it there, and half heartbreaking because I WANT HIM TO LOVE ME AND BE SAD THAT I'M LEAVING, DAMMIT!
I know. How rude these dogs are!

Though apparently he's been counter surfing and whining whenever she goes out of sight. He doesn't do those things here. So I don't even know how I would work on them? That might mean he has nowhere to go when we're on vacation. The whining is a deal breaker because obviously she can't be in his sight all of the time, and it is triggering the other dogs to also whine. And he's not eating at all. I.... Don't even know where he is going to stay

But he was totally quiet in his crate overnight and leash walking like a pro so he's got that going for him? :/

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 04-26-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm All Ears

Summer has the farts this morning. She is the most pathetic thing you have ever seen when she gets the farts. She gets very worried and then wants you to comfort her and she will pace and look generally sad. Its very sad.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Let it be

I finally got around to bringing out the clicker with Arya and she is so cute. She offers really amazing eye contact in just our first session and she is so much fun. She picked up on it right away. After two clicks she was like OMG CLICK MEANS TREATS? I got this.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Top Dog

I got to snuggle with shelties today. I need that in my life more often.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:16 PM
orange iguanas.

There is nothing worse than having a BULLY STICK EMERGENCY when the pet store with the best bully sticks is closed.

Marrow bones from the butcher, it is! I guess that's just as good. And cheaper. It results in a couple hours of quiet, at least! Gosh, before Cajun we raaaaaarely had chews for the dogs... and now, we usually have an assortment of bones, bully sticks, tracheas, and hooves floating about.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
I know. How rude these dogs are!

Though apparently he's been counter surfing and whining whenever she goes out of sight. He doesn't do those things here. So I don't even know how I would work on them? That might mean he has nowhere to go when we're on vacation. The whining is a deal breaker because obviously she can't be in his sight all of the time, and it is triggering the other dogs to also whine. And he's not eating at all. I.... Don't even know where he is going to stay

But he was totally quiet in his crate overnight and leash walking like a pro so he's got that going for him? :/
Buddy has decided that he is no longer my dog and that he likes my parents better (whether they know it , like it or not lol) . Oh well, at least I still have Josefina xD

Old 04-27-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm All Ears

People were looking at me funny while Mia and I were splashing through mud puddles at the park. Lol we had fun so they can shut it. What's the point in goin to a park right after a big rain if you don't splash in the mud?
Old 04-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

ARGH! The old dog snuck off his bed last night and pooped on the carpet!!! Luckily it wasn't funny so I was able to easily pick it up and natures miracle took care of the rest.

Then the Shoer came today to shoe my morher's horse. She brings her dogs so I put mine in the house while I was outside helping her and I hear all this noise (our windows are open so I can hear stuff happening inside the house) so I go back inside to see buddy tryin to escape through the kennel door (I forgot to lock the bottom latch) and my parents other dog thinking about rummaging through the trash ... WTH dogs! I guess all of you will have to be on tie down ANY time I leave and go outside for any length of time

Old 04-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Wookie Collie

Vent...

Rotating cats and dog is annoying. Really annoying. And more so because Fiora has taken to stalking Finn whenever he's leashed around them, following him anywhere he goes, growling. If he gets too close for her liking she attacks, which makes him lunge because leash, negative feedback loop ugh.

Very careful, small LAT sessions from now on. And we're going to have to do something about that stalking behaviour.

Finn was fine with June Bug (some minor fixating and chasing but both parties were content with it), but his obsessive fixation on these two cats is nuts. Stan is content keeping his distance, but both cats really dislike him. Between unpacking, finishing up at the old house, trying to keep a routine work schedule at home and adjusting to our new home life, I'm finding the entire mess to be extremely challenging. We're only three days in so I'm trying to keep positive, but it's really hard.

I get scared of the possibility of having to rehome if it doesn't work out. And then anxiety.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 04-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Vent...

Rotating cats and dog is annoying. Really annoying. And more so because Fiora has taken to stalking Finn whenever he's leashed around them, following him anywhere he goes, growling. If he gets too close for her liking she attacks, which makes him lunge because leash, negative feedback loop ugh.

Very careful, small LAT sessions from now on. And we're going to have to do something about that stalking behaviour.

Finn was fine with June Bug (some minor fixating and chasing but both parties were content with it), but his obsessive fixation on these two cats is nuts. Stan is content keeping his distance, but both cats really dislike him. Between unpacking, finishing up at the old house, trying to keep a routine work schedule at home and adjusting to our new home life, I'm finding the entire mess to be extremely challenging. We're only three days in so I'm trying to keep positive, but it's really hard.

I get scared of the possibility of having to rehome if it doesn't work out. And then anxiety.
My boyfriend's cat is similar. She has cornered my dogs before. Granted, we don't live there, but she goes in a safe place when my dogs are there and out. {{hugs}} Is there any way you can do separate areas of the house for now? Just... no contact for a couple weeks until everyone settles in?
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 9 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years