Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-30-2014, 07:15 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Jari was able to walk around at the outdoor trial today with no real barking fits! He would sometimes whine if another dog got too close to him (especially if the other dog had body language that said, "Yeah I think we should play too!"), but otherwise he was pretty good. He even offered some behaviors outside of the rings which is huge for him. There is hope!!

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 03-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Aware

Yay Jari!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:52 PM
The Monster.

I was walking Cohen off leash down the street today, and a man stopped his yard work to compliment how nicely she walked next to me. My reply was a nonchalant, "yeah, sometimes"...

... I knew how lovely Cohen was while walking next to me sans leash and am always very proud of her. I just tried to downplay it a bit for the stranger. She got lots of kibble once we got out of range of him.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 03-30-2014, 08:41 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Abrams is apparently a Labradoodle. The people asking if he is a Labradoodle now out ranks the people who thinks he is a Chessie and/or Lab. At least when I told someone today he was a Chesapeake Bay Retriever he knew what I was talking about and didn't just give me a blank look.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:48 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Yay Jari!!!

Went for a trail run with Art, suddenly a yellow lab comes darting up from behind. Luckily the dog was super friendly AND respectful of Art's space. It didn't jump/paw at/pester Art, or even greet until we told Art "Go say hi," even though we were running, which would easily excite most dogs. It followed us for the entire run, running up and about the sides in the lakes and out. Than it followed us back up the trail all the way to our car. When we finished the run I stopped, got the number from it's tag and called it's owner, but it went to voicemail so I left a message.

We got to the car and there was a park ranger so we told him it wasn't our dog and so he was going to take it. The dog tried jumping in our car though and didn't want to leave it's new family lol It was such a friendly dog, hopefully it's owners get it back! It jumped right in the rangers truck, and the ranger kept fawning over it so I think it's in good hands at least.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:00 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Oh, and Talons Keep Calm and Carry On Part 2 first class was today. He did SO good! I wasn't sure how he'd do since it was 3 1/2 weeks since his last class. He didn't have a single reaction, he was able to walk side by side (dog-owner-dog-owner) with only glancing at the other dog causually. We also did walking head on and again, he barely glanced at the other dog. His focus was all on me. He did great! ^_^

Though, we tried doing massage work at the end (relax, Talon? Yeh...no.) Talon was NOT having any of it. He kept whining, and twirling, and just being a no-go for relaxing. All the other dog were like "yay, pets!" and going to sleep, Talon was apparently not tired. lol
Old 03-31-2014, 02:21 AM
Duuuuude.

An RL friend reblogged pictures of Kootenay's Onyx today. Small world!

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 03-31-2014, 10:51 AM
Show Dog

Jubel's going to a veterinary dentist on Wednesday to get at least one incisor pulled maybe two. The one I've known was sideways for probably as long as I've had him, asked about it before and vet said don't worry about it. Turns out that tooth is cracked with pulp exposed and it will be coming out.

He has a bit of an underbite and apparently one of his incisors it poking into the tissue opposite it. Likely the cause of the recent bad breath. That tooth it might be possible to save. I'll see with the dentist says on Wednesday, either way the issues will be fixed. Plus likely get a good cleaning done while he's under and seeing a dentist. His teeth look pretty clean for a 6 year old but if he's going under might as well take advantage of the opportunity.

Poor pup. Assuming he'll be back to his happy self by the following weekend (12-13th) as we have barn hunt that weekend.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:54 PM
Top Dog

Patton fits into Recon's comfortflex! YAY!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-31-2014, 05:22 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

OK so we had a great day yesterday at the trial, and we just now passed by 2 houses with dogs barking across the street from each other!!!! He only whined a little bit but offered eye contact and nice walking. Aheeee!!!! I'm so happy LOL. Now he's laying down like a normal dog should do after a long walk

Babydog is getting a brain, maybe??????

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)