Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Top Dog

Our cat, Casper, is 20!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Top Dog

I got an email from a breeder I really like to be put on her list for her fall litter. I'm a little freaked out and unsure. Not because I don't love the breed or the breeder -- I just wish I could look into the future and know how everything will/would have played out. I don't know if it's the right decision.

I really want a puppy and I'm becoming somewhat obsessed. But when I start seriously considering life with Dog2...with a puppy...I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. I really REALLY love having just Crossbone. It's awesome and he's perfect. And what if puppy changes that. All the "What ifs"...

It doesn't help that I know we can only have 2 dogs for many reasons, and I'm scared I'm going to make the wrong decision or pick the wrong dog for us. AND I can't narrow it down! There are at least 3 breeds that I'd like for Dog2 and they all have pros & cons.

*deep breath*

It will be okay & everything will happen the way that it should.

...at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 03-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Found a possible puppy rehome for my family on Craigslist and emailed them. Hate waiting for responses, especially since the ad was super vague. I asked a ton of questions.....so, not counting on a response really.

But fingers crossed! I'm lucky I have my two after loosing Kaylee, not having her or Hannah around is just awful for my family, they need a dog.
People are so flakey on Craigslist. We are also looking at a rehome today and people are so lame about information/responding back
Old 03-29-2014, 11:35 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
I got an email from a breeder I really like to be put on her list for her fall litter. I'm a little freaked out and unsure. Not because I don't love the breed or the breeder -- I just wish I could look into the future and know how everything will/would have played out. I don't know if it's the right decision.

I really want a puppy and I'm becoming somewhat obsessed. But when I start seriously considering life with Dog2...with a puppy...I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. I really REALLY love having just Crossbone. It's awesome and he's perfect. And what if puppy changes that. All the "What ifs"...

It doesn't help that I know we can only have 2 dogs for many reasons, and I'm scared I'm going to make the wrong decision or pick the wrong dog for us. AND I can't narrow it down! There are at least 3 breeds that I'd like for Dog2 and they all have pros & cons.

*deep breath*

It will be okay & everything will happen the way that it should.

...at least, that's what I keep telling myself.
This.

Every time I get all gung-ho and am all like "yay puppy! Let's do this!" Then I think about how much I am enjoying Josefina and how our relationship has grown closer and I have a terrible feeling that a new puppy would mess all that up. But also I think that I don't want to wait too long when Josefina is too old to deal with a puppy. But if I wait til after she has gone to the bridge then I will be dog-less while I look and being dog-less while grieving also sucks

Besides, I have a smaller old man dog here who will be 15 this May and I don't think it would be right to make him deal with a asshole puppy lol. So I will probably wait until he has gone to the rainbow bridge.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Payton's eyes are CERF'd, totally normal.
OKAY TIME FOR PUPPIES NOW

The big surprise is I took Auggie too, and his eyes are also totally normal and look "really good." "Like really good or really good for eight years old?" "Really good." That's pretty awesome.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Let it be

I worry about that as well with adding a new dog. Bandit is the world's best dog. I am nervous a new dog with upset that balance. I know Bandit will go on being perfect. I just am nervous that a new dog may give me one massive head ache.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm All Ears

SUMMER JUMPED OUT OF MY CAR TODAY.

It was parked but still. She rolled down the window and jumped out! I had the car turned on because it was kinda hot outside. I guess I forgot to turn on the childproof locks. My friend's husband caught her (I was working Mia in nosework).

WTF old dog. Don't do that to me!

She's fine. I think she just wanted another turn. And on that note, she is turning into a CRAZY GOOD nosework dog. Totally showing Mia up. It's funny because when we started she was so spaz and unfocused that I figured it was a moot endeavor but she's now channeling the spaz and is pulling some fast fast fast times.

Crazy Old Dog.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
SUMMER JUMPED OUT OF MY CAR TODAY.

It was parked but still. She rolled down the window and jumped out! I had the car turned on because it was kinda hot outside. I guess I forgot to turn on the childproof locks. My friend's husband caught her (I was working Mia in nosework).

WTF old dog. Don't do that to me!

She's fine. I think she just wanted another turn. And on that note, she is turning into a CRAZY GOOD nosework dog. Totally showing Mia up. It's funny because when we started she was so spaz and unfocused that I figured it was a moot endeavor but she's now channeling the spaz and is pulling some fast fast fast times.

Crazy Old Dog.
I love Summer. I want to meet her!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 03-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Let it be

Crazy old dog. Bandit is starting to pull some crazy stunts too... Pretty sure he is pulling status on me because he's an old dude now.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
I love Summer. I want to meet her!
Me too!

Please don't jump out of windows anymore, Summer, that is scary!

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"