Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Summer has you all beat. She's almost 10.
Meg is 9 1/2 at best. Maybe as old as 10. It is a good thing I told her she has to live to at least 20. And Meg always listens.

Every once in a while I have a minor meltdown about it. But mostly? I revel in the fact that she is 9 1/2, and fit, in fabulous condition, and still likes to go on long hikes or run at a trial. I've spent enough time working with older horses (Boston lived to be 30) that I know keeping them fit and active and mentally engaged goes a long way. I do the best I can by her, and hug and kiss her every night. Hopefully I will be doing that for many years to come.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Silence, peasants.

I'm not sure exactly where I went wrong, but Feist thinks it is acceptable to greet a dog by doing her hug trick, hugging them around the neck. No no no.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 03-28-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Meg is 9 1/2 at best. Maybe as old as 10. It is a good thing I told her she has to live to at least 20. And Meg always listens.

Every once in a while I have a minor meltdown about it. But mostly? I revel in the fact that she is 9 1/2, and fit, in fabulous condition, and still likes to go on long hikes or run at a trial. I've spent enough time working with older horses (Boston lived to be 30) that I know keeping them fit and active and mentally engaged goes a long way. I do the best I can by her, and hug and kiss her every night. Hopefully I will be doing that for many years to come.
Yep that's where I am with Summer. No rules, just have fun! I'm hoping to still be her agility buddy for a few years to come. At least as of right now she's having a ball.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Let it be

Bandit is 10 in may!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Higbread Dingbat

Oz is 11 in July!!

And my precious baby Border Collie is 8 this Sunday
Old 03-28-2014, 06:42 PM
orange iguanas.

If they had a longer life expectancy I wouldn't think Juno is old. But I rarely see a boxer make it past 10. Like Lucy is 8 and I don't think she's old, at all. And even Happy at her age, I'm not worried about her lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Twin 2

Found a possible puppy rehome for my family on Craigslist and emailed them. Hate waiting for responses, especially since the ad was super vague. I asked a ton of questions.....so, not counting on a response really.

But fingers crossed! I'm lucky I have my two after loosing Kaylee, not having her or Hannah around is just awful for my family, they need a dog.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

Finally got to go play ball out in the park with Roxie. Had loads of muddy fun. She fell over at one point and her entire right side is coated with mud, lol.

I'm gonna miss that park when we move.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:08 PM
orange iguanas.

Well I feel dumb lol just realized I have been overfeeding Juno by quite a bit for... months. I found it odd that she was maintaining weight so well on only 2 cups a day, when she used to get 3 cups a day. I figured the drastic change would be, well, kind of drastic for her. If anything, right now she could actually stand to lose a little bit. The scoop that came with the bin I keep her food in is a 1 cup scoop, and I stupidly assumed that 1 LEVEL scoop = 1 cup. I realized tonight that is not the case. It's actually in the 1.25-1.5 cups range. Turns out there is a line like 3/4 way up the scoop that marks 1 cup...

Yay, now her food will last longer?

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

It struck me the other day how old everyone is getting too. Missy will be 8 later this year, Heidi is almost 10, and Jack will be 7 in a week! And the cat is 12! Just way too old.