Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-11-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm All Ears

Had a great class tonight. Mia was initially a bit scatterbrained for unknown reasons. But at the end of class we had a good 30 minute long ball playing session! I was so happy! We've really struggled with having her drive for the ball transfer over away from the house and park. She had a blast.

And one of my agility friends is considering a papillon for her next dog! Her niece just got a pap puppy and she says that pup has her sold and that it's the smartest dog she's ever seen. I am slowly converting everyone at our training place.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Top Dog

Coconut is pretty **** blind now, and half deaf, and she gets lost in the house and barks non-stop, if she can't find anyone. I hope she isn't stressing really bad when no one's home :/.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:34 PM
F150 and a .30-06

I just found a litrer of "Peer Bread" doberman. Not sure if I want to laugh or cry

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 08-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Top Dog

just for fun sometime, go into kijiji and search purebread
Old 08-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Here's my current "huh" thing with my dogs. Both are allowed on my bed, and both sleep with me in bed at night.

During the day, Meg will not get on the bed uninvited. If I'm on the bed and she wants to join me, she will stand at the foot wagging her tail hopefully until I tell her she can come up. I've tried to wait her out. She WILL NOT get on until I tell her she can. At night, after last potties, she runs up and gets on the bed before I'm even upstairs, no permission.

Gusto will launch himself at me any time I'm on the bed during the day with no warning. Straight onto my book or laptop full speed. He doesn't think twice about it. After last potties, he waits by the bed while I get settled in, and absolutely will not jump up until I put an arm out to invite him up.

Huh.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Show Dog

Speaking of bed-related dog problems, Badger will not sleep in the bed. I like that Bear and Pig sleep in the bed, but if Badger doesn't want to be there, whatever. Exxxxxcept that I can't trust him loose in the room yet. On the bed? I would wake up if he gets down/starts doing something he shouldn't. On the floor, yea, just no.

He's going to outgrow the crate in my room soon and after that, he'll probably have to sleep by himself downstairs. I'm gonna miss his cute little snoring if/when that happens. It's just so weird though, he will hang out on the bed no problem, but the second I shut the lights off, he can't get off and into his crate fast enough.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:24 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I once again assert that bones are God's gift to puppy owners. I bought two giant beef stifles (or whatever they are...the hooves were still attached and everything). Cynder is outside nomming away (although she's good regardless) and Abrams has been occupied for the past hour and still going strong.

I have not had to let him out to pee, or pulled something out of his mouth he shouldn't be eating for an *hour*. It is wonderful!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Silence, peasants.

Saw a gorgeous belgian mal today while in the car and had a freak out. Zomg, so purty it was.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 08-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Top Dog

I think...I might have found my new dog. We're dog sitting him now while his foster parents are away, and he meets most of my criteria, and is SO smart and SO adorable. Just need to get BF on board.
Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Original Twin

Today was Nico's first day going to work with me. Tomorrow, I am bring both him and Saga with me. It's so awesome not having to worry about what time I get home so they can go out to go potty. (Several days of the week, I will be working 12 hour shifts.) It's also awesome to have a huge building and parking lot to use for training. ( I have an hour lunch break and other breaks too.) Nico thinks being a working dog is AWESOME! The boss even said he gets a raise tomorrow. A WHOLE TEN MORE TREATS! I made HUGE progress with his attention heel today, too. We got farther than we ever have before and we are off the wall and against the curb now because he only needs a LITTLE physical help now. He's heeling pretty well without the curb or wall, too, but we still need it some for now. But MAN, being able to train during the day when I'm inspired and not at 10:30 at night when I used to get home from my other job makes a HUGE difference.