Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Wonder if the dog poops outside.
She does, because they only get adult rescues... who were trained by someone else.

It's honestly bizarre.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I try not to post these but seriously?

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pet/4344072667.html

WTF
OMG that is so sad!!!

Some people really suck.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Top Dog

Persuasion on the basement-only is not going so well. Oh well. Looks like I get to build an outdoor doggy paradise. Obviously, Roxie will be inside in a locked kennel while I'm gone, be indoors during bad weather, and sleep in my bed with me, so I think she will transition easily, but meh.

I think this could be a fun thing for us, though. Building an outdoor area could be fun.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:14 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Super bummed that my boys now hate each other. Let operation crate/gate and rotate for the rest of their lives commence

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 02-21-2014, 08:22 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Super bummed that my boys now hate each other. Let operation crate/gate and rotate for the rest of their lives commence
I'm sorry, that's sucky. We're having to make Feist and Wesley ignore each other / be separate indoors as they don't get along inside the house. No fun.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 02-21-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
OMG that is so sad!!!

Some people really suck.
Noticed they changed the post to saying they're moving and wanting to give him to another home. I wonder where all the stuff about trading him for a merle puppy went? Originally the ad said they really just wanted to trade him for a red or blue merle. Ugh

Quote:
That is one of my worst fears with Nextdog. My girls get along so well and I take that for granted.

Sorry you're having to do that.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I'm sorry, that's sucky. We're having to make Feist and Wesley ignore each other / be separate indoors as they don't get along inside the house. No fun.
Yeah it's all because of Bubby. My in-laws took her while she's in season so that this doesn't get any worse (my in-laws LOVE HER so they basically took her from me/took her stuff and kicked me out LOL). It really was a switch that flipped in Pen two days ago. And Jari was totally being a puppy and giving in/saying, "Don't taze me bro!!" in doggy language, but today Jari got sick of it. Not sure if the outdoors will work either as that's when Jari decided he had enough and stood up to Pen (they had previously been OK in the yard together). HOWEVER I took them on a walk just the two of them about an hour ago and they were normal. So I dunno. I'm hoping something can be salvaged. Gate/rotate sounds a lot more manageable than crate/rotate at this point in time since my schedule is ridiculous.

That's a bummer about Feist and Wesley

Boundless Pawsibilities

Old 02-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Yeah it's all because of Bubby. My in-laws took her while she's in season so that this doesn't get any worse (my in-laws LOVE HER so they basically took her from me/took her stuff and kicked me out LOL). It really was a switch that flipped in Pen two days ago. And Jari was totally being a puppy and giving in/saying, "Don't taze me bro!!" in doggy language, but today Jari got sick of it. Not sure if the outdoors will work either as that's when Jari decided he had enough and stood up to Pen (they had previously been OK in the yard together). HOWEVER I took them on a walk just the two of them about an hour ago and they were normal. So I dunno. I'm hoping something can be salvaged. Gate/rotate sounds a lot more manageable than crate/rotate at this point in time since my schedule is ridiculous.

That's a bummer about Feist and Wesley

Ugh, hope you can find a good way to work it out. I think Feist and Wesley will get along much better when she's older and is used to not trying to play constantly by biting his manly bits LOL, she's a jerk. Wesley is easily stressed and he is horribly lenient and won't correct her, sooo being trained to ignore each other it is!

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 02-21-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
That is one of my worst fears with Nextdog. My girls get along so well and I take that for granted.

Sorry you're having to do that.
I knew it was a possibility when I decided to keep Jari. I guess I just didn't think it would happen before Bubby was even in season (she's not spotting or anything yet, but I guess she's coming in soon) and while Jari was still so young. So I can manage it, it's just not as fun as getting to enjoy having all 4 of them out at the same time and playing together. At least with my in-laws taking her for a bit it means I don't have to rotate 3 ways - just 2.

Boundless Pawsibilities

Old 02-21-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Ugh, hope you can find a good way to work it out. I think Feist and Wesley will get along much better when she's older and is used to not trying to play constantly by biting his manly bits LOL, she's a jerk. Wesley is easily stressed and he is horribly lenient and won't correct her, sooo being trained to ignore each other it is!
I really believe I can handle gate/rotate long-term if need be. But I think I'm going to give it the weekend and if they are OK with the gate I will try them in the yard then try them in the house if that goes well. Maybe once Pen realizes that Bubby isn't here he will let up.

I do feel bad because he's whining in the other room right now and I'm in the area with Jari and Kimma (Jari is a jerkface and still needs supervision in the house because he likes to destroy things). Super sad.

Boundless Pawsibilities