Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Why does Abrams have to piddle WHEN I'M IN THE PROCESS OF LETTING HIM OUT THE DOOR. I now have to clean the carpet by the door because it smells like dog ****.

Seriously. Never wanted an excited pee-er, but guess what I have? *bangs head on desk* Please tell me he will outgrow this when he gains more bladder control, because if I have a 90 pound dog peeing in the house whenever he gets excited...*sighs*
When Squash was a wee lad, sometimes he would be busy doing something and then leap up and make a beeline for the back door, dribbling all the way and then just peeing while I fumbled with the door. Sometimes the mind is willing but the flesh is still immature and weak. They outgrow it.

After a few experiments it is clear that Squash is not yet ready to be uncrated when home without humans, so I broke down and got him a bigger kennel. I'd been trying to make do but if he's gonna continue to be in there he needs some more room. The picture on the box is a Great Pyr but the recommend breeds are thus:

Not that I don't think akitas, bloodhounds, and collies need their space, but it just seems like such an odd collection of recommended breeds for an extra large crate. GIANT COLLIES EVERYWHERE.

Also, it comes with... a snap-on handle. Because I might randomly get the urge to just carry this giant unwieldy thing that I can barely drag and push over the carpet around by a tiny snap-on handle.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:12 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
When Squash was a wee lad, sometimes he would be busy doing something and then leap up and make a beeline for the back door, dribbling all the way and then just peeing while I fumbled with the door. Sometimes the mind is willing but the flesh is still immature and weak. They outgrow it.
This give me hope.

It was just especilly annoying tonight because I thought I'd just given him liberty to go into the bedroom (since our apartment is literaly only two rooms - the bedroom and the living room/kitchen area I didn't think it would be that big of a leap) thinking he would enjoy the extra space to play...and he peed on my bed. :/ He is a naughty puppy tonight.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
This give me hope.

It was just especilly annoying tonight because I thought I'd just given him liberty to go into the bedroom (since our apartment is literaly only two rooms - the bedroom and the living room/kitchen area I didn't think it would be that big of a leap) thinking he would enjoy the extra space to play...and he peed on my bed. :/ He is a naughty puppy tonight.
Haha, you're very lucky if you survive puppyhood without your bed getting peed on.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 08-10-2013, 04:04 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I'm in France and I miss my puppies!!! I need to get them passports.

They're staying with their nain and taid and I just KNOW they will be the size of barrels when they come home
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Haha, you're very lucky if you survive puppyhood without your bed getting peed on.
Right?! Rhys dropped a turd on our bed about three days in before I could snatch him up and run like a crazy person towards an exit.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Little dog, big voice

Cali loves the beach! I took her down last night in the rain and she was doing zoomies all over the place and dug a few holes. I thought her fur would be completely red but I was pleasantly surprised.

This morning, my mom and I decided to head down since my sister decided to sleep in, and we were greeted by a Newfoundland dog. He was super friendly and eventually came down to the beach, but considering he couldn't have weighed any less than 150 pounds, I carried Cali until he finally decided to head back to his own cottage.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Little dog, big voice

It's probably because there are a couple papillon breeders here, but just about everyone at the farmer's market knew Cali was a papillon. One girl did ask if papillons were related to chihuahuas, but it's still better than constantly being asked if Cali is a long haired chihuahua.

I think at first, she was overwhelmed by all the people but eventually, she was extremely happy to give everyone kisses, including a very big and hairy biker.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:20 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Mae View Post
It's probably because there are a couple papillon breeders here, but just about everyone at the farmer's market knew Cali was a papillon. One girl did ask if papillons were related to chihuahuas, but it's still better than constantly being asked if Cali is a long haired chihuahua.

I think at first, she was overwhelmed by all the people but eventually, she was extremely happy to give everyone kisses, including a very big and hairy biker.
I always like it when I take Abrams into TSC...everybody there knows he is a Chessie and comments on how pretty he is. Versus a pet supply store, where I get asked, "Is that a Labradoodle?" "What a pretty chocolate Lab!" lol

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 08-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
Traveler needs babies, or he's going to feel left out. Now, if only there was a solid female around...
If Traveler had babies, I couldn't help myself. I just couldn't.

SOMEONE GET THAT SOLID FEMALE.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 08-10-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm All Ears

Beau and Rose just went home. I has a big sad. House feels weird with just 2 dogs now.

Rose was super excited to leave though. Not even a glance back, she was like 'see ya!'