Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
I'm sorry, but this just makes me laugh
I'm glad we could entertain you It is pretty funny unless you're his target.

ETA: Ok, it's even kind of funny if you are his target. Sometimes I laugh at him and I think that just encourages it, but I can't help it. He looks like such a crazy dog.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12

Last edited by Elrohwen; 02-07-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Silence, peasants.

Feist peed on me today. The excitement of seeing her favorite people while in my arms was too much, apparently?

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 02-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Penny gathers all her toys up& throws them at me. She has good aim.. she can totally relate to Fred!
He doesn't throw them. He grabs them and literally shoves them at your hands... Then backs away, then shoves, backs away, shoves, backs away. As soon as you move to the toy he starts a game of tug. This can go on for.... Well a long time!!!!!!

You say 'leave' and he pretends to leave it..... And he might leave like a millimetre in his mouth, the teeeeeensiest, tiniest fibre of toy. So you grab it, and he starts a game of tug.

I maaaaaaay have over done the tug drive games....

He does this with any toy. Rope toys, stinky soft toys and his FAVOURITE a full size fleece blanket.

He's a ****.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohwen View Post
Good to know everyone else's dogs are crazy nutters too!

He also made me play chase around the kitchen. He ran up to me, stared, and then ran away to the other side of the kitchen, repeatedly, until I got the idea. He likes when I run around the island, and then he chases, periodically barking and putting his paws up on the island to see where I am. He doesn't get good traction on the lino, so he does that cartoon running in place move and it cracks me up.

He's not so into the toy throwing, probably because his favorite toys are easy to destroy and they get put away. He has shoved his jolly ball on me before, but it was much less annoying than the biting and growling crap.
Jubel's true spazzing out which I find hilarious and do nothing but laugh and encourage is him sprinting around the house. Usually some combination of between my brother's room and mine with sprints up and down the stairs thrown in. Play growling the entire time. Flying leaps up and almost over my queen sized bed, he has slid off the other side a few times. Often going from my brother's bed to mine.

Recently I've taken to hiding someplace in one of our rooms and calling him. He runs around in a speed search often running right passed me without noticing. Frequently he finds me because I can't stop myself from giggling as he repeatedly runs passed me. He's only just now starting to look behind doors as I've hidden there many times now.

Good mental game and he makes it a good physical work out. Big party when he finds me and I ask him to stay while I hide again and call him to find me.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:06 PM
such sights to show you

Yea when he wants to play fetch Squash will put his wubba on the laptop keyboard, on my lap, on my arm, in my hand, on my head... really anywhere it will be annoying. Fortunately his interest in fetch does wane after a handful of tosses, so there's that.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Big Dog

Add Astro to the obnoxious dog list.

His favorite thing in the world to get attention is to climb you and rest against your head. That's it. He does it very methodically, no jumping or flailing around - he just climbs up you while you're sitting on the couch, and then rests his 40 pound self on your head like a puppy hat. I'm not even sure he's doing it for more attention come to think of it, he might just think he's meant to be a hat, because he chills there very contentedly.

My roommates and I try to discourage it, because come on, but I have to admit it is the weirdest and most oddly endearing tactic at times. He sometimes snuffles while he climbs too, and he often can't get purchase so one of his back legs just hovers in space, lifting and getting set down again and lifting in the air.

He also likes to plant himself face-down on the couch with his butt sticking straight up in the air, and make weird Jabba noises, all for an extended length of time....so. Not really sure what kinda weirdo I adopted

Snout Prints on the Window
Old 02-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Yea when he wants to play fetch Squash will put his wubba on the laptop keyboard, on my lap, on my arm, in my hand, on my head... really anywhere it will be annoying. Fortunately his interest in fetch does wane after a handful of tosses, so there's that.
A labrador I used to watch frequently was such a ball nut that I learned to play fetch from the couch. We tried hiding her tennis balls to stop the game but she was persistent. I even tried hiding them in the couch. That wasn't my smartest idea. The last house I lived in was set up so that I could open the patio door and throw it outside and off the deck, from the comfort of the couch. Ahahaha, lazy dog entertainment!

She very rarely tired of the game.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 02-07-2014, 05:34 PM
such sights to show you

His interest in fetch doesn't last long, but if he wants a lovin' he'll never give up. He just sort of... sidles up next to you on the couch and puts himself in your lap no matter what you do. Resistance is futile. I'm not even quite sure how he does it sometimes, it's like a superpower.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

I think Logan's marked decrease in itchiness with 7+ inches if snow on the ground sort of confirms environmental allergies :P I'm planning on doing a blood test and start desensitization therapy when I get my tax refund (which should be early next week!)
Old 02-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
His interest in fetch doesn't last long, but if he wants a lovin' he'll never give up. He just sort of... sidles up next to you on the couch and puts himself in your lap no matter what you do. Resistance is futile. I'm not even quite sure how he does it sometimes, it's like a superpower.
Oh Polar Bear Squashie!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years