Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Top Dog

My dog is such an ass.

Last night he was so worked up at bedtime that he wouldn't stop play attacking me while I tried to read. He will run up, play bow, "bite" my hand (basically touch it with his teeth), and then run away if I move. Rinse repeat. I was trying to ignore him but he escalated to pouncing on my book, and then running into my head with his teeth. I wanted to kill him.

When do they grow up again?

Oh, and he got mud all over my bedroom and kitchen (but that wasn't really his fault).

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 02-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohwen View Post
My dog is such an ass.

Last night he was so worked up at bedtime that he wouldn't stop play attacking me while I tried to read. He will run up, play bow, "bite" my hand (basically touch it with his teeth), and then run away if I move. Rinse repeat. I was trying to ignore him but he escalated to pouncing on my book, and then running into my head with his teeth. I wanted to kill him.

Oh, and he got mud all over my bedroom and kitchen (but that wasn't really his fault).
Watson really reminds me of Jubel. Good luck with that growing up thing, Jubel just turned 6 and still does stuff like that from time to time. It's not often but it still happens.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwall View Post
Watson really reminds me of Jubel. Good luck with that growing up thing, Jubel just turned 6 and still does stuff like that from time to time. It's not often but it still happens.
I'm pretty sure they're the same dog in different bodies.

Sometimes he gets wild after classes, so we got home from agility and he was wired. The worst part is that we get home after 10, and I just want to sleep, but he wants to run around in circles and bite me.

And I'm getting sick of the dirt from agility. It gets worked into his paws and I can't get it out. I tried to clean them off better last night, but it just turned the dirt into mud and made a huge mess. Now there are big muddy foot prints all over the blankets on my bed, the carpet in the bedroom, and the kitchen floor.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they're the same dog in different bodies.

Sometimes he gets wild after classes, so we got home from agility and he was wired. The worst part is that we get home after 10, and I just want to sleep, but he wants to run around in circles and bite me.

And I'm getting sick of the dirt from agility. It gets worked into his paws and I can't get it out. I tried to clean them off better last night, but it just turned the dirt into mud and made a huge mess. Now there are big muddy foot prints all over the blankets on my bed, the carpet in the bedroom, and the kitchen floor.
Luckily I've never had that issue. Anytime even remotely close to bedtime and Jubel will very happily hop into bed and go to sleep. That's actually my solution to his craziness sometimes when it's close to bedtime. Climb in bed and he's out, meanwhile I can read a book or play on my ipad until it really is bedtime. Double edge sword there a bit though, it somewhat reinforces him acting like an ass to get me to go to bed with him. haha God forbid he go to bed by himself.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwall View Post
Luckily I've never had that issue. Anytime even remotely close to bedtime and Jubel will very happily hop into bed and go to sleep. That's actually my solution to his craziness sometimes when it's close to bedtime. Climb in bed and he's out, meanwhile I can read a book or play on my ipad until it really is bedtime. Double edge sword there a bit though, it somewhat reinforces him acting like an ass to get me to go to bed with him. haha God forbid he go to bed by himself.
Haha. Watson always gets most worked up right before bed, like a kid who runs around in circles and resists going to sleep. Usually he's settled by the time we're done brushing our teeth though, and is happy to climb in bed and go to sleep. Not so much last night.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Top Dog

A last minute transport was arranged for Ferdy from Ottawa to Halifax... he's going on a 16 hour trip to his new home tomorrow at 6am. I found out yesterday but didn't start tearing up until just now when I wrote a letter for his new family thanking them and explaining his likes and fears and habits. I'm excited for him, and happy, but I will miss this little guy so much.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
My dog is such an ass.

Hahaha that's Fred. Except he shoves toys at you rudely repeatedly. Or grabs your trouser legs, or woooooowooooooeooooooooos in your face. He doesn't understand no when he's in that mood.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
My dog is such an ass.

I'm sorry, but this just makes me laugh

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 02-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Vizsla mom

Penny gathers all her toys up& throws them at me. She has good aim.. she can totally relate to Fred!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Top Dog

Good to know everyone else's dogs are crazy nutters too!

He also made me play chase around the kitchen. He ran up to me, stared, and then ran away to the other side of the kitchen, repeatedly, until I got the idea. He likes when I run around the island, and then he chases, periodically barking and putting his paws up on the island to see where I am. He doesn't get good traction on the lino, so he does that cartoon running in place move and it cracks me up.

He's not so into the toy throwing, probably because his favorite toys are easy to destroy and they get put away. He has shoved his jolly ball on me before, but it was much less annoying than the biting and growling crap.