Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-05-2014, 02:50 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I'm proud of Abrams. Had him and Cynder out with me while I was shoveling out my car from the massive amount of snow we had. The snowplow plowed the main drive...but didn't touch the offshoot where I park. Jerk. So I had to shovel essentially a driveway for my car.

Anyways, the dogs were out with me loose running around and playing and someone stepped outside to shovel out his truck. Not a normal neighbor of mine, I think he just parked there in the hopes of getting his truck out easier. So he's out shoveling almost right by me...and both dogs ignored him completely. Cynder normally does this, so it wasn't a big deal for her, but Abrams was SO GOOD. He barked at him when he first saw him and then I told him to knock it off and be quiet and HE DID. And not only did he shut up, he didn't bark at the guy again and DIDN'T APPROACH HIM EITHER. He kept an eye on him out of the corner of his eye when he'd change position, but for all intents and purposes he acted as if he didn't exist. (And he also recalled to me every time his playing took him into the dude's bubble, or farther away than I wanted him to be.)

I'm so pleased.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia turns 5 in a couple months....

sigh.

I only want 3 dogs ever at a time, preferably only 2. I keep considering getting two puppies in the next couple years. Ugh probably should not do that.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Mia turns 5 in a couple months....

sigh.

I only want 3 dogs ever at a time, preferably only 2. I keep considering getting two puppies in the next couple years. Ugh probably should not do that.

With the breeds you're picking from, once you get the first puppy I'm sure you'll change your mind lol.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 02-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie was 6 before P came home... I made it six years. I have no idea how considering I was like YAY OKAY NEXT PUPPY once he was about eight months old.
Probably part of it was because for two of those years, there was a breeding I kept hoping would take. And it kept not taking, so I didn't really have any choice but to keep waiting. By the time the breeding DID take and then there were no boy puppies, I'd had enough. It was Payton Time.

PAYTON TIME.

My mom is going to have Ditka Time. I've already told her, you're getting a Payton baby and you have to name him Ditka. I'm pretty sure my dad won't object to a second dog if we name him Ditka.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
With the breeds you're picking from, once you get the first puppy I'm sure you'll change your mind lol.
I kee telling myself it can't be worse than Mia puppy. As long as this one doesn't eat my glasses too and scream the first 7 hours I have it, we'll be good.

I actually miss Mia puppy and her non-turning-off-ness.

I just keep waiting on house. That is my ONLY hangup. And it's frustrating. Because saving up for a house is expensive.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I kee telling myself it can't be worse than Mia puppy. As long as this one doesn't eat my glasses too and scream the first 7 hours I have it, we'll be good.

I actually miss Mia puppy and her non-turning-off-ness.

I just keep waiting on house. That is my ONLY hangup. And it's frustrating. Because saving up for a house is expensive.

Ah yes but look, it's taken at least five years to get the next one.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 02-05-2014, 03:29 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Ah yes but look, it's taken at least five years to get the next one.
Not Mia's fault though! I wanted another about a year into it!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Dogless

At least you guys have dogs. I haven't owned a dog, neither have I lived with a dog.

It'll be at least four years until I get a dog, so far away,so far.

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

~A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.~
Old 02-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Higbread Dingbat

It hit me today that whenever I need to take a de-stressor walk and am bound to walking around my town (opposed to in the woods with the dogs off leash), my most stressed out, fearful, neurotic mess of a dog is the only one I can take with me and actually achieve the goal of de-stressing.

Rigby plods along silently next to me. She doesn't pull, she doesn't even look at other dogs or people, and I don't need to bring a bag with me (I do anyways of course, but she usually wont go).

It kills me. Why is my most screwed up dog the ONLY one to get "walk nicely on a leash"?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Duuuuude.

Rowan keeps getting lumps & bumps faster than I can get them checked out. So far they've been diagnosed as: 2 lipomas, 1 ingrown hair, and 1 sebaceous cyst (although none of the pictures on Google look like it does?)

He now has 1 more bump like the sebaceous cyst and something kind of like a lipoma but maybe a little harder - it's hard to tell because it's a lot smaller than the other one. It's actually located right next to the one on his chest.

I will freely admit that I am a completely paranoid dog owner. I freak out every time I find a new bump on him. I'll feel a lot better once I can take him in to get it checked out. I keep telling myself that he has a history of non-harmful bumps, but ugh. Worry.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff