Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-03-2014, 12:26 AM
I'm All Ears

I must be all hormonal because with Summer out of the next two trials we had planned and thinking about when people told me to rehome her to get a 'better dog', I'm getting all choked up.

I'm going to go cuddle my old dog.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:42 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I must be all hormonal because with Summer out of the next two trials we had planned and thinking about when people told me to rehome her to get a 'better dog', I'm getting all choked up.

I'm going to go cuddle my old dog.
I can't believe someone said that! Summer is just. . .<3 Will you give Summer a cuddle for me?
Old 02-03-2014, 12:46 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

That reminds me of another discussion on another forum about people who regime dogs who don't work out in sports or weren't as good as they had hoped :/

Old 02-03-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
I can't believe someone said that! Summer is just. . .<3 Will you give Summer a cuddle for me?
I will!

To be honest that has just stuck with me and is probably why it bothers me. At the end of the day it's not my choice and a long a dogs have good homes then I can't complain. But please don't tell me to get rid of my dog to get a better one. No dog is better than Summer.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

That person was a jerk ... Summer is awesome! Don't listen to people like that, they don't deserve your time.

My dog vent: is it just me or does anyone else hate it when their dogs lick their lips incessantly or lick themselves? It doesn't bother me when they are licking a bone or antler or whatever ... ESP butt licking . I know it's terrible but I will snark at them to stop it xD

Old 02-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

If it gets to the point that I'm irritated I tell them to stop it or send them out of the room. They know what STFU and GTFO mean, as well as to "go to bed" and will thusly remove themselves from my hearing to finish whatever the hell it is they're cleaning.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Well there is no where else they can go since buddy stays in a crate and since this is my parents house, they don't want them in the carpeted areas (my room, my bathroom and the kitchen have linoleum) so I usually tell them (after I give Them little chance to stop it lol) if they don't then I will tell them to STFU

I just feel like a terrible person sometimes because I know they can't help it ... But I just friggin hate that lip licking ... Licking in general sound.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Back when we had Harley, goodness, his licking was gross and slurpy and loud. He totally went to town on himself and it kind of freaked me out.

Lip-licking doesn't bother me, though. Millie does that out of anxiety and I feel sad she's sending out stress signals rather than being irritated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I will!

To be honest that has just stuck with me and is probably why it bothers me. At the end of the day it's not my choice and a long a dogs have good homes then I can't complain. But please don't tell me to get rid of my dog to get a better one. No dog is better than Summer.
Summer is not even my dog and I feel bothered, too. Just knowing how sweet she is and looking at her adorable little face in your siggy. <3 She is a Very Good Dog.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Top Dog

Last night Watson played with a 3.5 month old GSD puppy for ~4 hours. They were the same weight. At least Watson still has the athletic advantage for now.

It was extremely amusing when the puppy would bark in Watson's face because Watson stopped playing. Normally Watson is the one to bark at other dogs for ending a game. I asked him how he likes it when the shoe is on the other foot.

I have to give props to my little dog too. Usually he is so obsessed with other dogs that he doesn't pay any attention to me during a play session, but he was so mature yesterday. When they were outside off leash, Watson actually recalled every time I called him back, and could listen to me while still wanting to play. He was also super appropriate with the 10 week old pup and 9 year old dog who were there for a short time. Maybe he's actually growing up!

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 AM
such sights to show you

Edit... never mind, just too tired for this.