Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohwen View Post
It would even be .... wait for it ....
Kennel name 'Legend'. Register a dog as "Legend, Wait For It".

Old 01-31-2014, 03:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriskai View Post
Kennel name 'Legend'. Register a dog as "Legend, Wait For It".

Then the call name has to be Dary/Derry/Dairy

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 01-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I haven't gotten Millie's hearing checked by the vet yet, but she's obviously going deaf. She's always been a dog to listen to even my tiniest whisper, but now I have to clap my hands and jump around to get her attention.
I know hearing can become a problem in older dogs, but it's still been an unpleasant surprise to me.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Resident fainting goat

Merlin got neutered today and is all miserable, my poor pup I feel so guilty!

He is eating a bully now, he is being intolerant of the cone in the crate so I guess we are just gonna have to keep an eye on him

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Fred is totally bewitched by braveheart. Outdoors, booming noises, horses, screaming people. It's doggy tv heaven.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-31-2014, 06:55 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Best of luck, SaraB!!! I'm sure you guys will do great. Then you can fill us in on the details

Elrohwen - Yeah Jari now wants to MARK ALL THE THINGS too. Which is frustrating because it's indoors, and also he's been going there and playing off leash with no potty issues since he was a baby puppy. It's super obnoxious. He won't leave to actually mark, but he will leave to sniff and he's attempted to mark a few times. I've luckily been able to stop him in time and take him outside. But ANNOYING. If it gets worse maybe a belly band would be a good thing to try.

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 01-31-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm All Ears

We had a great park trip up till the last couple minutes. I took my nosework gear and we worked recalls, stays, send outs, hide and seek, and also some nosework off and on on our walk. It was great and the girls had a blast.

But this [expletive] idiot with a pit bull and boxer that we've run into before and had trouble with before showed up. All I see is his dogs running over the hill with no owner in sight. His boxer is the annoying one (and I'm NOT a boxer person to begin with by any means) but this dog... I just don't like the vibe I get from it. It runs up and he walks over the hill and is paying it NO attention at all and continues to the lake. I'm at an ampitheatre with the girls on a leash and that dog comes up, hackles raised. the guy made no moves at all to call his dog or come get his dog. My dogs are going nuts. They do not like this dog and were growling like crazy. The guy never makes a move to get his freaking dog until I finally yell at him and he gives a lame 'Oh sorry!' and calls his dog back.

This guy must just let his dogs loose in the parking lot and just not pay attention. It's NOT an off leash park but people use it as such. Other than him though I have never had an issue with people just letting dogs run off out of sight. People usually use it as training or casual walking or frisbee playing. It's not a frickin' dog park! UGH

This is the second time. First time was in the parking lot and he let the pit and boxer just run around the busy parking lot while I was trying to load up my dogs. The boxer was the issue again there.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriskai View Post
After about a month on raw, Ezra's shedding less, his eyes are less goopy, he seems to have more energy, the stains in the corners of his mouth have all but disappeared, he's finally putting on weight, poops are 100% better and NO MORE ROOM CLEARING GAS. Seriously. Heaven forbid I would get stuck in the car when he farted. I think I'd keep him on raw even if the lack of gas was the only benefit.
Honestly the gas factor was what made me, make the switch. Ivan was just horrible. So bad we would look for piles of poop, he was that stinky. And in the car??? I am amazed that I never got in an accident because my eyes where watering so badly.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Fred is totally bewitched by braveheart. Outdoors, booming noises, horses, screaming people. It's doggy tv heaven.
Lol i have never had a dog that watched tv ... If a weird sound comes on it or something ... But they look at me like I'm the one who did it lol

Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydals View Post
Honestly the gas factor was what made me, make the switch. Ivan was just horrible. So bad we would look for piles of poop, he was that stinky. And in the car??? I am amazed that I never got in an accident because my eyes where watering so badly.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows this! Traveling more than 30 minutes was a nightmare! Particularly when it was cold out and I couldn't roll the windows down. The amount of poop before and after the switch to raw is amazing.. I can't get over the different in VOLUME.