Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
We have a blog if anyone is interested in following Snitch's training.
http://clickstricksnubbintips.wordpress.com/

I will follow, and you just reminded me I haven't updated mine in a month...whoops

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 01-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Big Dog

Unbelievable, a great breeder in one of the OTHER breeds I was looking at contacted me right away after I emailed only last night! It feels like now that one has responded, it's all working. One of the breeds I've been looking into is much "easier" in a lot of ways (pretty much always kid friendly/dog friendly/pet friendly), and the other is...well, we can say "quirkier." But this particular breeder really strives for temperament, and I'd love a pup from their lines.

After getting used to not hearing back, I wasn't expecting to suddenly be faced with choices again. Pretty great problem to have, I guess!

Snout Prints on the Window
Old 01-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMutt View Post
Unbelievable, a great breeder in one of the OTHER breeds I was looking at contacted me right away after I emailed only last night! It feels like now that one has responded, it's all working. One of the breeds I've been looking into is much "easier" in a lot of ways (pretty much always kid friendly/dog friendly/pet friendly), and the other is...well, we can say "quirkier." But this particular breeder really strives for temperament, and I'd love a pup from their lines.

After getting used to not hearing back, I wasn't expecting to suddenly be faced with choices again. Pretty great problem to have, I guess!
You're killing me with not sharing the breeds you're looking at.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 01-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
We have a blog if anyone is interested in following Snitch's training.
http://clickstricksnubbintips.wordpress.com/
Added it to my reader

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 01-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohwen View Post
You're killing me with not sharing the breeds you're looking at.
What can I say, the torture will continue for a bit longer! I've only really let on my most recent breed plans to a few people, and only one in real life - the trainer I apprentice for - and she admitted she HATES one of them, it's one of the few breeds she doesn't care for

Snout Prints on the Window
Old 01-30-2014, 02:36 PM
orange iguanas.

My dog is being super clingy today. Which is fine, I like snuggling with her lol. But... using the computer is difficult when I'm sitting in a small chair and she's on my lap. I'm not at a desk. The laptop is supposed to be on my lap.

Sure is keeping me warm though.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-30-2014, 03:02 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Frodo is learning how to do a pivot from front to heel position (no idea what it is called), but it is freaking adorable! (and old man slow )

I'm so glad he is feeling better, even if he's not at 100% what he was.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Not a Border Collie

Paco is discontinuing the Veronica, which is the style I've always wanted for Quinn. I'm so torn. I do love it, but on the other hand it's $100 and their tan leather darkens up a LOT.

What to do, what to do

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 01-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Top Dog

I am an anxious mess today, and Zander thinks that obviously this is the perfect day to lose his mind and act like a neurotic anxious mess too.

Sometimes I can't tell how much of it is just me projecting, him picking up on it, or him actually just being an anxious mess. Which often leaves me at a loss as what to do about it.

I know bad days HAPPEN, everyone and every dog owner has bad days with their dog. But it's hard to think that ON the bad day, when you're wondering if you screwed your dog up somehow or set them up to fail, or if things would be easier if they were on b-mod drugs, or if that is just taking the easy way out and just keep grinding training and setting habits an deal with it. Maybe you are making it up. Maybe they aren't that bad. Okay, they are that bad. Maybe it was a bad day. Maybe it was actually you that set them off. Maybe it was you that screwed them up and made them an anxious dog in the first place.

In all reality, an extremely anxious person + an extremely anxious dog is NOT a good combo. But we're too set on each other a this point to have it any other way. We BOTH get separation anxiety at this point. We're each other's pacifiers. Unfortunately, we can also be each other's triggers, too.

We're both in time out right now. I feel like a horrible dog owner because I get to pop a Xanax and he doesn't. Isn't that a bit crazy?

THIS IS WHY I WAS SO PICKY ABOUT BREEDERS AND TEMPERAMENT. There is zero way I can deal with an anxious neurotic dog again after this. I can take attitude, I can take naughty, I can take challenging. I can deal in the wavelength of normal fear and normal reactivity and normal bitchiness. I can't do severe anxiety/fear/going off food/freaked out by something new every week/xenophobic/mental mess.

I LOVE Zander, more than anything. He is my heartdog. But there are days where I really wish things could be better. Bad days SUCK. SUCK SUCK SUCK.

SUCK.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:52 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
We're both in time out right now. I feel like a horrible dog owner because I get to pop a Xanax and he doesn't. Isn't that a bit crazy?
Well, actually...he can. Chloe is on Xanax. Get a dose for him from a vet, and it may help!

And totally understand the "I can't do this anxiety thing again". That was why I purchased Abrams instead of adopting a dog from an unknown background. I wanted EVERYTHING that was in my power to set him up for a good temperament. He has some mild separation anxiety (normal dog stuff, I'd say, nothing over the top), but compared to Chloe he is a freaking Saint.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~