Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Top Dog

Zander has a new obsession with cough drops. He'll search the house, our room, try to get in the medicine cabinet. They don't have anything terribly harmful in them, but I can't imagine it is good for him either.

Wtf Zane. Cough drops?
Old 01-28-2014, 04:37 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Two more of the dogs from my center just "graduated" and are now living/training full time with their new handlers. So bittersweet - we had to clean out their crate baskets and put up their crates

I think I'm going to need to be committed when my fave boy graduates... I can't imagine not seeing him and working him daily... Anyone here want/need a wicked awesome SAR dog??? That way I could at least "know" who was taking him

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 01-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Zander has a new obsession with cough drops. He'll search the house, our room, try to get in the medicine cabinet. They don't have anything terribly harmful in them, but I can't imagine it is good for him either.

Wtf Zane. Cough drops?
Do they have menthol in them? My crew is really interested in my medicated lip balm and it has menthol and eucalyptus and I'm wondering if one of those is attracting them.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
same here ... deep down I believe that I will end up with another ACD, but that doesn't keep me from looking at rotties or GSDs and going "hmmm" lol
A nice Rottie is a breathtaking dog, so I don't blame you That's one of the breeds that I keep saying to myself, "there's things there that you don't necessarily want!" but then I see a fantastic Rott and I lose the will to resist.

Aaaaand I'm sitting here trying to pluck up the courage to call the breeder. It's been over an hour. Why do I hate talking on the phone so much? This is something that I really want, and I've finally gotten contacted - by my top choice, no less! - and I'm so anxious.

Edit: I did it, I called, it was great. He was a very nice man, I was worried for nothing - I usually am! I swear, I'm not an anxious person most of the time but ask me to call someone...

Last edited by SpaceMutt; 01-28-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:54 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

So. Many. Cute. Dogs. (On petfinder) must ... Resist ... Need money for a new truck!

But it's soooooooo hard *cries*

Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Agility freak!

Someday Simi will learn to lay down and be calm! SOMEDAY.... I hope.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMutt View Post
A nice Rottie is a breathtaking dog, so I don't blame you That's one of the breeds that I keep saying to myself, "there's things there that you don't necessarily want!" but then I see a fantastic Rott and I lose the will to resist.

Aaaaand I'm sitting here trying to pluck up the courage to call the breeder. It's been over an hour. Why do I hate talking on the phone so much? This is something that I really want, and I've finally gotten contacted - by my top choice, no less! - and I'm so anxious.

Edit: I did it, I called, it was great. He was a very nice man, I was worried for nothing - I usually am! I swear, I'm not an anxious person most of the time but ask me to call someone...

Haha I very nearly had a panic attack when I called Feist's breeder for the first time. I didn't get them and left the most disjointed sounding voice message. Glad they didn't judge me for that. :P good that it went well!!

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 01-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Dogless

I really wish I had a dog....& this puppy fever isn't helping at all.

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

~A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.~
Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMutt View Post

Oh I hate hate hate talking on the phone! Person to person is actually easier when I am talking because I can see the other person's body lingo ... On the phone I never know when to talk and I am afraid of talking over the other person lol.

I have actually been rejected by breeders because I was hesitant to talk on the phone, I just feel more comfortable texting or emailing. And some breeders take that as I am trying to hide something I guess.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm All Ears

Why do I always stress about adding a new dog with Mia? I know we'll eventually get through her hatred of... everything but I stress. If she could learn to coexist with the terrier who purposefully tried to **** her off, she can coexist with a nice dog.