Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-27-2014, 10:32 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMutt View Post
And I guess all I had to do was whine, because my absolute top choice emailed me last night AND this morning, and gave me their phone number to talk in more depth. Won't even mention the breed, don't want to jinx anything
Yay!!

And yeah often when people gripe about how folks go to the store and buy a puppy or get one out of the classifieds, I always want to point out how *easy* that is. If those of us who live and breathe dogs have a hard time finding compatible breeders, establishing communication, etc., of course most casual owners, including many many perfectly good pet homes, aren't going to want to deal with it.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-27-2014, 12:00 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

My neighbor built a snowman.

Abrams must now bark at the snowman every time he goes outside, because, you know, snowmen are people, too. He charges it barking, then gives it a kiss and goes about his merry way. Every single time he goes outside.

Have I mentioned my dog doesn't have many brain cells?

Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Silence, peasants.

I want to buy Feist a new tag with 'you can call me queen bitch' on it (ala 'royals' but Feist version), but trying to save money. So sad.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 01-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMutt View Post
I just want breeders to email me back I've sent out a number of enquiries detailing my experience, my timeframe, and my goals, and I feel as though I was complimentary to their programs. I put a lot of effort into each email, and nothing. Not a word, except from a breeder in the Netherlands (who to be fair answered promptly, nicely, and informatively, so it hasn't all been bad).

I always feel awkward sending multiple emails, but after a certain point, I start to wonder whether they just...forgot about it? I don't know. Email is the only way I have to contact some of these people (and I'm horrible on the phone, so ordinarily I don't mind that), but if I never get any messages back, I'm not really sure where to go from there. I understand they're busy, I really do, I just find this whole thing stressful.

I know I'm being whiney, but this is what happened before I got Astro, and it's part of why I went with a rescue dog in the end.
I had a similar experience. I also *hate* emailing people multiple times and trying to get a response because I feel like I'm harassing them. The worst was when someone said I was on the waiting list and still barely returned my emails. I had to bug her to find out that there weren't enough puppies for everyone - I don't know why she wouldn't just send emails to everybody on the list who didn't get a pup. It took at least a week or two post-puppies being born to find out I wasn't getting one and had to start over. It definitely taught me to talk to multiple breeders and not put all of my eggs in one basket.

Glad you got a response! I hope it works out! I can't wait to find out what breed you went with after your "what breed for me" thread a few months ago.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 01-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Top Dog

I got invited to join a friend at a JRT trial in CT in May. So excited!

My friend moved to Vermont a few years ago, and I haven't seen her since, but have had contact on FB. When she lived here she had the best JRT girl, who has since passed. Last year she got a JRT girl pup, and is going to get a boy pup in a few months.

Yesterday she invited me to join her and act as puppy wrangler (for the little one) at her first JRT trial. I've never been to terrier trial and it looks like a blast. She is showing her girl in races, tracking, and go to ground, and said I could try her new pup in conformation if he's old enough.

I'm disappointed she won't get to meet Watson though, and that he can't come with. I'm sure he would have a blast playing with JRT pups.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Aware

Where in CT?

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 01-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Where in CT?
Hebron, CT, May 17-18. Here's the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.therealjackrussell.com/trial/trials.php

Old 01-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Talon's last class is this Wednesday But, I enrolled him in the "Keep Calm and Carry On" class, which is their reactive dog class, and that starts this coming sunday! lol He's been doing so well keeping his cool in his current class (just an intermediate class) that my instructor told us he can join any class he wants to, but we both feel the reactive dog class will help him overcome his fear of barking dogs, which is his main trigger. Well, that plus jingling tags. lol

So, excited and nervous for the new class and a new group of dogs!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Joey has the worst ass of all asses. His farts are like tear gas and literally choking me right now. No matter what type of food I feed him he always has nasty farts and it's bad enough to make you want to run out of the room. Anything I can do besides stick a cork in it?
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 01-27-2014, 07:42 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Joey has the worst ass of all asses. His farts are like tear gas and literally choking me right now. No matter what type of food I feed him he always has nasty farts and it's bad enough to make you want to run out of the room. Anything I can do besides stick a cork in it?
If you find an answer to this, let me know. Abrams farts AND burps. He's gross.

Maybe a probiotic would help?