Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Top Dog

Ma'ii and his dog reactivity are driving me batty. We got a trainer involved and have him in some classes to try and curve the problem. Yesterday he was a complete dick in class. Wouldn't listen at all. He HATES other intact males, and wanted to kill this intact Boston Terrier that was there.

Somedays he really impresses me. Other days I wanna strangle him. Yesterday was the latter.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Top Dog

LEASH YOUR ****ING DOGS! LEASH YOUR GOD **** ****ING DOGS!! Ma'ii and Charlotte were in a fight. I take them out to go to the bathroom (both leashed as always), we come down the stairs, and Ma'ii runs RIGHT INTO a giant schnauzer. The dog was loose. Charlotte comes up to Ma'ii's side, and begins snarling. I pull both dogs away, and suddenly a ****ing pack of 5 small schnauzers and 2 Chihuahas come out of the open door of an apartment and come RIGHT at us. I back up as far as I can go with Ma'ii and Charlotte, who are going ballistic, and find myself trapped against a truck. I scream "GET YOUR ****ING DOGS!!!" Than the giant schanauzer charges and attacks Ma'ii, who could go nowhere because of us being against a truck. The owners managed to get their dogs, no one was hurt, but I got NO apology or question on weather or not my dogs were okay. Just dirty looks like it was MY fault!

I am SO PISSED!

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 01-20-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm All Ears

I bought my dogs tags from Petco because they had tiny ones and I have never had my dogs wear tags or have any identification on them. So I felt like that would be responsible. But the jingling tags are driving me up the wall! And Mia keeps barking at the noise because she knows tags jingling = strange dog.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
LEASH YOUR ****ING DOGS! LEASH YOUR GOD **** ****ING DOGS!! Ma'ii and Charlotte were in a fight. I take them out to go to the bathroom (both leashed as always), we come down the stairs, and Ma'ii runs RIGHT INTO a giant schnauzer. The dog was loose. Charlotte comes up to Ma'ii's side, and begins snarling. I pull both dogs away, and suddenly a ****ing pack of 5 small schnauzers and 2 Chihuahas come out of the open door of an apartment and come RIGHT at us. I back up as far as I can go with Ma'ii and Charlotte, who are going ballistic, and find myself trapped against a truck. I scream "GET YOUR ****ING DOGS!!!" Than the giant schanauzer charges and attacks Ma'ii, who could go nowhere because of us being against a truck. The owners managed to get their dogs, no one was hurt, but I got NO apology or question on weather or not my dogs were okay. Just dirty looks like it was MY fault!

I am SO PISSED!
Typically, I continue yelling at assholes until they respond. As many expletives as possible.

I'm sorry this happened again- Really sets back reactivity training. You'll find it happens a lot more when you have a reactive dog/aggressive dog, though, because other dogs pick up on it a lot more. :/

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 01-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Top Dog

Every time I consider not showing Mimi in conformation any longer, she goes and does something silly and I keep it up. Last year was BOB in a huge entry and G4 at one of the biggest clusters around on the only day she was shown. This weekend included a BOB under a well respected judge at a supported entry, making the cut in a tough hound group, and getting OHG1. My bank account is groaning.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Typically, I continue yelling at assholes until they respond. As many expletives as possible.

I'm sorry this happened again- Really sets back reactivity training. You'll find it happens a lot more when you have a reactive dog/aggressive dog, though, because other dogs pick up on it a lot more. :/
Wouldn't be a problem if ****ing morons grasped what a leash law was.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm All Ears

I introduced Summer to the barn hunt rats on Saturday and she was all excited. 'OH HAI, LITTLE FRIENDS!' And then she wanted to kiss them.

I think we'll skip barn hunts with her.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:

I am SO PISSED!
Did you tell your apartment manager?

I have the same issue, especially in summer. People here don't know what a leash law is at all. >_< Plus some just leave their doors open in the summer so the dog goes out whenever they want.

I don't care if the dog stays away from us, but a dog that attacks,charges, harasses us in any way deserves their owners to get told on.

I'm glad everyone's ok physically and I know how much it sucks to have this happen to a reactive dog and get set back.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:47 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Ma'ii and his dog reactivity are driving me batty. We got a trainer involved and have him in some classes to try and curve the problem. Yesterday he was a complete dick in class. Wouldn't listen at all. He HATES other intact males, and wanted to kill this intact Boston Terrier that was there.

Somedays he really impresses me. Other days I wanna strangle him. Yesterday was the latter.
Ahhh life with a cattle dog xD

Old 01-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

Dogs who are always loose and the owners are hardly grateful for their return. Ad don't seem surprised or concerned that the dog was missing. Grrrr....

I would be losing my mind if one of my dogs was missing. I would seriously be crying and hugging and kissing the person who found my dog.

I think I have returned one dog to a very thankful owner. The other dozen owners didn't seem to care or even seemed annoyed that I bothered them at home.

Also... dogs who are loose almost never have any identification on them. Just a rabies tag if I'm lucky.

Te lady today... this was the second time I found her dog. She pulled up, barely said anything, but then insisted on giving us $10. I'm not sure how to take that.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017