Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Why are guardian breeds getting so popular recently? I've seen 3 boerboels just around town the last couple months. My cousin just got a boerboel and it's already having issues and will only listen to him and will challenge his wife and kids. I'm pretty worried this is going to end up poorly.

Some girls at work were squealing over and one seriously considering a Caucasian Shepherd puppy at a rescue. I usually keep my dog nerd-dom to myself but I got pretty horrified and tried to explain the nature of the breed to them but all they were like is 'awww it's so fluffy and huge!' She decided not to because of the shedding of all things.
I've noticed this, too, actually. My cousin and her fiance got an Anatolian shepherd/great pyr cross, and I'm kind of worried because they're both first time dog owners and got her on a whim ("cheap puppies" sign. . .). The puppy is so sweet, and things may turn out a-okay, but I still would not recommend either breed to someone who has no prior dog experience. :/
Old 01-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Big Dog

Leo keeps hitting me in the face with his cone. It hurts a lot! It is not a cone of shame...it is a cone of destruction.

Oy, two days of no strenuous activity, and he is already going crazy. The vet told me 10 days of no-running. For those of you who got your boy dogs neutered, is that how long you waited? I don't know if we can handle that long.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:28 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I don't know if I've mentioned this or not but...

I want a Whippet.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Leo keeps hitting me in the face with his cone. It hurts a lot! It is not a cone of shame...it is a cone of destruction.

Oy, two days of no strenuous activity, and he is already going crazy. The vet told me 10 days of no-running. For those of you who got your boy dogs neutered, is that how long you waited? I don't know if we can handle that long.
That did NOT happen.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Just found out that an OES that I LOVE is going to be bred. I hate puppies, I don't want a puppy, I couldn't possibly add another dog to my life, I don't even want to. But there's still part of me that is disappointed knowing that I can't have one.

Also, I have no idea who the dam is going to be either. Which also means, who the breeder is going to be. That is only like the most important part. But yanno.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Duuuuude.

The BF was very insistent that 3 dogs are too many. Last night he told me that he doesn't want me to have 3... the third one will be his. Progress! Now I just need to convince him that he wants a poodle and it will be like nothing changed.

He also talked about how nice it would be to have a yard that he could take Riff out and play fetch in. He and Riff have never been best buddies because of Riff's fear of men, so it's taken a while for Riff to adjust to Jeromy, and has been stressful for both of them. Now I'm so thrilled that as Riff gets better with him, Jeromy is starting to enjoy him more.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff

Last edited by Paviche; 01-09-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm All Ears

Good god Summer is being perfect and adorable tonight.

Mia is being obnoxious but Summer is being perfect.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Why are guardian breeds getting so popular recently? I've seen 3 boerboels just around town the last couple months. My cousin just got a boerboel and it's already having issues and will only listen to him and will challenge his wife and kids. I'm pretty worried this is going to end up poorly.

Some girls at work were squealing over and one seriously considering a Caucasian Shepherd puppy at a rescue. I usually keep my dog nerd-dom to myself but I got pretty horrified and tried to explain the nature of the breed to them but all they were like is 'awww it's so fluffy and huge!' She decided not to because of the shedding of all things.
I've noticed a serious increase in molossers. And not really an increase in dog knowledge by these people.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Just found out that an OES that I LOVE is going to be bred. I hate puppies, I don't want a puppy, I couldn't possibly add another dog to my life, I don't even want to. But there's still part of me that is disappointed knowing that I can't have one.

Also, I have no idea who the dam is going to be either. Which also means, who the breeder is going to be. That is only like the most important part. But yanno.
We could maybe go visit Fluffeh Puppehs anyways?!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
The BF was very insistent that 3 dogs are too many. Last night he told me that he doesn't want me to have 3... the third one will be his. Progress! Now I just need to convince him that he wants a poodle and it will be like nothing changed.

He also talked about how nice it would be to have a yard that he could take Riff out and play fetch in. He and Riff have never been best buddies because of Riff's fear of men, so it's taken a while for Riff to adjust to Jeromy, and has been stressful for both of them. Now I'm so thrilled that as Riff gets better with him, Jeromy is starting to enjoy him more.
My OH is like that too ... He says he wants a GSD, that's fine, then he says he wants a Malinois and I was like ... Hail no. Not because I have something against them as a breed, I think they are AWESOME hard core dogs, but knowing him there is NO WAY he is he right kind of person to own a Mal.

The only thing I told him is that HE is the one who has to be totally involved with the dog or it will bond to me, he has to take it out at 2 am when it had to pee, he has to feed it and train it ... Etc and I don't think he has the dedication to do it which is why I want some say in what breed he gets because I have a funny feeling I will be raising it :/.

I wish he would leave dogs to me, but he sees how I am with mine and wants that too, the relationship and the closeness I mean. But he doesn't understand that to get that Kind of bond is the result of countless hours off ins spent.