Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
I have a sick obsession with dog beds. Found a really nice, BIG, thinner but cushy dog bed (would work great as a crate or car mat) at Winners. I have no idea where I'm going to put it, but it was only $30 and I know I wouldn't be able to get a bed of that size for that cheap, again.

I have way too many dog beds/mats. I have like three at my dad's house alone. I don't even crate my dog, FFS!

I love the pet section at winners, there's always good stuff there!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-18-2013, 05:09 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Abrams was successfully reinforced as a counter surfer last night. Every time he jumped up he was able to get into something else that someone had forgot to cover. He would immediately get down when I told him to, but dang it...now he's getting up on the counters ALL THE TIME trying to find something tasty.

This was not a habit I wanted to have to fight.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 12-18-2013, 05:53 PM
On second thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Abrams was successfully reinforced as a counter surfer last night. Every time he jumped up he was able to get into something else that someone had forgot to cover. He would immediately get down when I told him to, but dang it...now he's getting up on the counters ALL THE TIME trying to find something tasty.

This was not a habit I wanted to have to fight.
OMG YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS FIGHT! Duncan is the worst. He can't be alone in the kitchen.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:03 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaD View Post
OMG YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS FIGHT! Duncan is the worst. He can't be alone in the kitchen.
I'm just happy that even when he had his head in a bowl of dip I was able to say "OFF" and he'd get right off and come over to me. Idiot dog.

I also discovered last night that he has horrible manners when it comes to shoving his head into people's plates to mooch food (he has no idea what personal space is - he doesn't try to snag the food but WILL set his nose 1 inch from your plate and stare at it), but if I yell "DOWN" from clear across the room he'll immediately down where he is at and hold a down/stay, all while still staring at the poor person's plate of food. Which they don't view as an improvement, but I think is pretty snazzy. LOL

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 12-18-2013, 06:23 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post

I think the rest of my life may go herder, pap, herder, pap, etc. I definitely want to keep at least a few years between them.

I also know when dog 3 comes home I'm going to have all my family tell me it's a terrible idea and I've gone crazy. Ugh
Yeah at this point I am planning on the rest of my life being (-retriever-herder-)n, n***8594;infinity

My family referred to me as having a kennel with only two dogs...haha. Four? It'll just be something they never mention, as though I had an unmentionable addiction. And I think they've decided that Dog4 = No Grandchildren :P

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 12-18-2013, 06:26 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
I have a sick obsession with dog beds. Found a really nice, BIG, thinner but cushy dog bed (would work great as a crate or car mat) at Winners. I have no idea where I'm going to put it, but it was only $30 and I know I wouldn't be able to get a bed of that size for that cheap, again.

I have way too many dog beds/mats. I have like three at my dad's house alone. I don't even crate my dog, FFS!

I just tried to purge my dog beds to replace them with primo pads.

Instead I have all the old beds PLUS primo pads. The other day Webster was snoozing on a donut bed on top of a memory foam mat on top of a primo pad and I realized it's possible that I have a problem :P

But hey he was happy, haha

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 12-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

Gambits christmass collars came today. What's more awesome then a coyboy wearing bacon print. Nothing, I tell you!

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm All Ears

I finally threw out Summer's old ratty bed. We had FIVE dog beds for two small dogs who spend most their lounging time on the couch.

I still feel bad.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:14 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I just tried to purge my dog beds to replace them with primo pads.

Instead I have all the old beds PLUS primo pads. The other day Webster was snoozing on a donut bed on top of a memory foam mat on top of a primo pad and I realized it's possible that I have a problem :P

But hey he was happy, haha
Oh god I stack the new beds on top of the old ones, too. I thought I was the only one.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Big Dog

Siigh...Leo does not listen to me at all when he is playing with other dogs. In fact, its more than that. He actively pretends I do not exist. Does not follow any commands...
He also is not interested in any toys or food.

I am hoping that at least some of it is 9-month old teenager brattiness, and that it will get better.

On the plus side, Leo and I are finally making progress on the leash reactivity. After playing with dogs for an hour, and me getting a more high value treat, he did beautifully when we encountered another dog on the other side of the road. We even walked side by side (on opposite sides) for a good minute, and he would glance over and then immediately whirl over to look at me for a treat

Last edited by Slick; 12-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.