Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-16-2013, 10:02 PM
orange iguanas.

Aaaaand we're still vomiting. Sent bloodwork out today, please have an answer.

When I discovered this evening's pile of vomit, I also discovered that Cajun was hoovering it up. So I crated her while I cleaned it up. Then I let her out of her crate and she immediately proceeded to land a big slobbery kiss right down the middle of my face. Thanks, dog.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-16-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia is a butthead. I want a snuggly dog that doesn't look offended then leave when I try to cuddle. My dogs have broken snugglers.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm All Ears

I'm pretty sure Mia actually flipped me off right now. She was sitting up on the couch looking me right in the eyes and then she just reached out and flipped the cushion to the floor. Totally nonchalant too.

Ok ok, I'll stop trying to snuggle you!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Silence, peasants.

Default The dog musing/vent thread

Clearly you need a Feist relation. She's currently asleep in the crook of my arm, such a cuddle bug it's ridiculous.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 12-17-2013, 06:08 AM
Kung Pow Fish

Bully dogs own the monopoly on snuggles, and would happily melt into you forever and ever and never leave.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm All Ears

Summer really wants to be a snuggler but she is incapable of sitting still. Mia is actually really cuddly but it is on HER terms, not mine. If I try to initiate cuddling she gets pissed. Too much to do and see. I wake up in the middle of the night though with her in my arms.

I CAUGHT YOU.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

My landlord has two dogs. A young black lab and an older miniature poodle. They left for CA on Saturday for a 10 day trip. They boarded their lab at my work but the poodle is too old to be accepted as a new client and is also partially blind and deaf so at the last minute they asked if we could just watch him at the house. We live in the house anyway and I have no problem watching him so I agreed.

Now in horribly regretting saying yes. This dog is driving me bat **** crazy. He literally has not stopped barking since they left. He even barks all through the night and I got no sleep last night at all. I think he is lonely because everyone is gone including the other dog.

I've tried spending some time with him upstairs where he lives and that helps some but as soon as I leave him to go back to my own animals he freaks out and off he goes for hours and hours and hours. I feel bad for him, but at the same time I'm irritated because I didn't get ANY sleep last night and have to work today.

I tried giving him rescue remedy. I bought him a bully stick and a whimzee chew to try and give him stuff to keep him busy. He is so stressed out that he doesn't care about those things. I can't bring him downstairs with us. One he pees and poops in the house so I don't want him doing that in our living space downstairs and two he tries to pick fights with my dogs and he does not handle a crate well at all so can't crate and rotate them.

I'm dying here.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 12-17-2013, 08:53 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Aaaaand we're still vomiting. Sent bloodwork out today, please have an answer.
Hope you find the answer! Get well, Juno vibes heading your way.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

So I took Gwen (and Bena) out last night to use the 50 ft long line we got. She LOVED IT. It was pretty dark, so we went into a parking lot instead of the field and she just ran in circles for a while and growled after the ball. (We also used our new Chuck It, thanks to Oko!) I'm really glad I got the long line (and the Chuck It). She'll be able to let off steam a lot more often and we can work on recalls. I'm pretty excited

I'm buying ALL THE THINGS this Christmas. I finally got a clicker and I just order 6 dog training/behavior books. Control Unleashed and Click to Calm being a couple.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 12-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
So I took Gwen (and Bena) out last night to use the 50 ft long line we got. She LOVED IT. It was pretty dark, so we went into a parking lot instead of the field and she just ran in circles for a while and growled after the ball. (We also used our new Chuck It, thanks to Oko!) I'm really glad I got the long line (and the Chuck It). She'll be able to let off steam a lot more often and we can work on recalls. I'm pretty excited

I'm buying ALL THE THINGS this Christmas. I finally got a clicker and I just order 6 dog training/behavior books. Control Unleashed and Click to Calm being a couple.

I love both of those books! (and clickers, of course!)

Hope that the long line helps you exercise the foster and maybe not hate him as much! XD

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm