Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Top Dog

I took Gavroche to TWO pet stores today and he showed no fear or anxiety at all! Just happy, happy, happy with his tail going a million miles a minute
Old 12-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Muzzles can be your friend.

Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Agreed, try the Baskerville Ultra muzzles. They are comfortable and allow panting, drinking, and you can even feed treats. Granted that means if he tries hard enough he can still cram something smaller into his mouth through the muzzle, but it should still give you some time to react. And you'll be able to train with it on and reward with food.
Wow, I hadn't even thought of that....but I have one coming in the mail now (along with a Dremel, I can't wait for the package to get here)!

Fortunately, today was much better. I took him to get Santa pictures taken and he was a star, the camera lady and Santa kept complimenting him on how well behaved he was compared to the other dogs that come in (he hopped up onto the seat next to Santa when I cued him to, and sat politely for the whole session). It made me realize that I'm stressing too much over this in an unproductive way. No, it's not good that he eats everything in sight and sometimes gets a nibble of questionable things, but we work on "leave it" and "drop" consistently, he's showing improvement all the time (I got him to "leave it" with some cat food recently - his favorite thing in the entire world!), and it's just something I'm going to have to make my peace with and be proactive about, considering my lease is until September. I'd rather not have to be this intense about scanning the pavement for litter, but there's not much I can do about that.

His Christmas gifts can't get here fast enough!

Snout Prints on the Window
Old 12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm All Ears

Today must've been take your uncommon breed to the park/store day. Weird mix of dogs out and about. A gazillion and one goldens as usual, lots of aussies as usual, some little dogs, then:

-Brittanies (don't see them often)
- Welsh Springer
- Finnish spitz (FAT)
- Italian greyhound
- Irish Wolfhound (HUGE fawn one)

I've only seen a Finnish spitz once before not at a dog show.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Shaman hit a massive fear period pretty much overnight. The coworkers (some of which he's known longer then he's known me!). Are suspicious, but strangers are out to get him. Off to go brush up on my click to calm...

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I just caught Panzer sniff Teagan and then start doing the teeth chatter. EWWW I don't want my baby to grow up.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 12-16-2013, 05:23 PM
On second thought...

Cameron is scary-unusual not interested in treats today. No motivation on her part for clicker training. Just sleeping...

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 PM
On second thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaD View Post
Cameron is scary-unusual not interested in treats today. No motivation on her part for clicker training. Just sleeping...
Spent the last few minutes following Cam around in the snow to check urine (no stool yet). Nothing problematic. Go inside and suddenly she's tense and growling at the cat.

Ugh why is my dog being weird?

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
I just caught Panzer sniff Teagan and then start doing the teeth chatter. EWWW I don't want my baby to grow up.
Boy dogs are soooo gross.
Georgie is in season. Pepper is due like any day now. This is a nightmare.
I'm hoping this will be Georgie's last season and we can spay her after this.

ETA: also this is how Payton flirts... he runs up to Pepper. He lifts his head up tall, tail straight out, wagging tail. He sniffs her face. Then he playbows, then he stands up... then he starts punching her in the face.
Girls do NOT like it when you punch them in the face Payton.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-16-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm All Ears

My agility trainer got rats! She says we can try introducing Mia to rats again when there's no other dogs around! This makes me probably too happy, haha.

Also the puppy class after my class is on their second week. We're talking 3 ridiculously cute miniature american shepherd pups that are teeny and fluffy and omg. All tricolor too. I want one.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Fingers crossed we'll know tomorrow when Martie can get spayed. I'll kill myself if she goes into heat being around these two knuckleheads.