Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Club Terrible - President

I love this dog park. I'm so excited for my vibrams to get here so I can walk up and back rather than hoping someone will give me a ride.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I really wish Rider wasn't afraid of most men. I think that's going to be the biggest struggle for trailing.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 PM
orange iguanas.

Did a barium series on Juno today, everything moved through nice and quick so we're crossing off obstruction on the list of possibilities. After being loaded up with a liter of sub-q fluids and some Cerenia and famotidine, we are continuing to just cross our fingers. Poor girl weighed 48lbs 2 days ago, and today she weighed 44.5lbs. I hope we're done with this.

On a lighter note, I came home tonight to find one of our Kongs in the kitchen, broken in half. The 2 usual suspects would be Cajun or Juno, and obviously it couldn't be Juno since she was at work with me all day. So it must be Cajun. But no, it wasn't the doberman puppy who destroyed it.... it was freaking geriatric Happy. Leave it to her to be the only one of my dogs to have ever destroyed a Kong.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Big Dog

Having a tough day today. Astro is great, I've realized that it's just stressful having a dog HERE. He can't bounce around indoors because there are downstairs neighbors; our "leave it" is constantly getting sabotaged by litterers who leave out entire chickens, pieces of cake, loaves of bread, full boxes of rice...things that are so numerous and tempting that I've barely called him off one thing before he'll have a different one in his mouth.

Of course, the solution is to do focused, shorter loose leash walking, but I want him to have the outlet of sniffing around! He has a fantastic focused walk now, but sometimes I want to just let him sniff around without having to worry about the 8 million things people have left on the sidewalk. I just don't understand why people throw their food out on the ground, like they don't have any respect for their community and the way it looks - I would NEVER just throw my stuff on the sidewalk and leave it there. And people don't pick up after their dogs, so I'm constantly having to sidestep poop piles...

And the noise. THE NOISE. I can barely even give commands to Astro because there are a million sirens going off all the livelong day, and he can't hear me over them.

I love my dog, and I'm glad I got him when I did, but I wish I had a big old house with a yard for him and I both, somewhere far away from here In particular, I'm missing England like crazy (rural to smaller city England where I spent more time, mind, not London!).

Snout Prints on the Window
Old 12-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Top Dog

Mimi has a split end.. on a whisker.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Twin 2.0

Marley (his dog) has been absolutely velcro'd to me lately. She's walking amazingly well on leash, hasn't tried to bolt through a doorway ahead of me, nothing. I'm going to miss her so much!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Blonde Raccoon

*Craphead is having a bath at work tomorrow so he will be nice and shiny for my Christmas party Saturday night. Poor thing doesn't know what's coming.

*Seamus

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Durp Dog

oops, wrong thread.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm All Ears

I'm excited about the return of our nosework group tomorrow! I think I'm going to being my camera
Old 12-13-2013, 11:59 AM
such sights to show you

Why do I ask questions I don't want the answer to?

eg "Squash... what are you doing?"