Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Big Dog

I discovered that Leo now knows "Drop It".

I never officially trained it, just would say it when he was dropping the toy anyways, like when I was playing fetch with him with two balls. I was going to "get to it eventually" and train/teach it officially.

But, without really thinking about it, I asked him to "drop it" when we were playing tug (a situation I had never asked it of him before), and down the toy went. Tested it a few more times to see if it was a fluke, and sure enough, he does it consistently.

I am very pleased with this. I love how smart border collies are
Old 12-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Bought Seamus a new kong .. stuffed it with treats. He looked at it for all of ten seconds and just gave up and walked away.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I'm All Ears

Summer jumped head first into a wall doing one of our tricks. She took a running start and barreled over my arm and just went straight into it. It didn't sound good but she's acting ok. Hopefully that continues, I'm a bit worried about her neck.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

My dog is weird.

Case in point:

Apparently the world looks cooler upside down.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 12-10-2013, 08:16 PM
orange iguanas.

Juno is still puking... it's been 3 days since she's kept a meal down. I did a 24 hour fast, so she ate bland food this morning at about 6am and we thought we were in the clear because by noon she still hadn't vomited. And then of course, about 20 minutes after thinking this, she spewed vomit everywhere. Still fed her dinner though and that all came back up within half an hour.

She's just not acting sick which is throwing me off and making me confused about whether or not I need to worry. She's had episodes of nausea before where she's lethargic and won't eat (and then we run to the emergency clinic). She's never had a vomiting episode this bad go on for this long, but she's acting totally normal! Stupid dog.

So, back into work she goes tomorrow. Different vet will be in so we'll see what her take is.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
My dog is weird.

Case in point:

Apparently the world looks cooler upside down.
Payton agrees.
Also much easier to get belly rubs when upside down.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Juno is still puking... it's been 3 days since she's kept a meal down. I did a 24 hour fast, so she ate bland food this morning at about 6am and we thought we were in the clear because by noon she still hadn't vomited. And then of course, about 20 minutes after thinking this, she spewed vomit everywhere. Still fed her dinner though and that all came back up within half an hour.

She's just not acting sick which is throwing me off and making me confused about whether or not I need to worry. She's had episodes of nausea before where she's lethargic and won't eat (and then we run to the emergency clinic). She's never had a vomiting episode this bad go on for this long, but she's acting totally normal! Stupid dog.

So, back into work she goes tomorrow. Different vet will be in so we'll see what her take is.
Did absolutely everything check out ok on xray? Normal sized stomach for a dog that was throwing up everything?

When Ella was blocked, she showed no signs of being sick -- she was just vomiting. We ONLY knew she was blocked because her stomach looked full -- weird for an animal that was puking.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Did absolutely everything check out ok on xray? Normal sized stomach for a dog that was throwing up everything?

When Ella was blocked, she showed no signs of being sick -- she was just vomiting. We ONLY knew she was blocked because her stomach looked full -- weird for an animal that was puking.
Unfortunately we didn't get the greatest shot of her stomach. Because she's so deep chested, everything higher up was pretty underexposed since my exposure settings were based off her narrow abdomen. I totally should have retaken it, and if this were a "normal" patient we would have, but since the vet said she could see nothing "obvious" going on, and since Juno was not a fan of being stretched on her back for x-rays, I decided to try treating the symptoms.

Most likely we'll just end up retaking them tomorrow. Or, you never know what a different vet might say.... she might look at the x-rays from yesterday and see something that the other vet didn't.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
That's awesome, Congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Guys.... I want a puppy. Like bad. And right now this instant.
Do it! You're the one who's looked into BCs and Pyr Sheps, right? (Apologies if I'm remembering wrong.) Get a fluff-butt puppy so I can live through you, now that I've decided I probably won't end up with a herder.

On my own side of things, I think I may have given myself a stress fracture in my foot....so frustrating, I went to the doctor and she's having me treat conservatively for 10-14 days to see if it's just a ligament pull, and if it doesn't get better by then we'll do x-rays, but I just want to know NOW!

And despite the pain, I took Astro to his nosework class, because **** it, I paid for that class 4 weeks ago, and I had the cab booked already, I wasn't going to back out. Thankfully it was all sedate stuff, no agility-esque running. Couldn't have come at a better time really - if it does turn out that I'm laid up for awhile, I'll probably be using nosework like crazy to keep Astro occupied and mentally worn out while I heal.

Snout Prints on the Window
Old 12-10-2013, 09:42 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Another reason my dog is weird: I have my Assassin's Creed game paused and it is showing a close up of Ezio's face. Abrams is growling at him. Either he is overly protective, or the graphics are just that good. LOL

Hope everything is okay with Juno! At least she's otherwise doing okay - that's a good sign.

I'm scarred for life now...Oh, your dog is vomiting? She has a disease that can't be cured or medicated! Surprise! I think every time one of my animals is sick from now on I'm going to jump to the worst conclusions and be overly paranoid. Full body rads and bloodwork for everyone!

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~