Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-09-2013, 02:28 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I have a break before I have to go back to work... I have time to quick-groom one dog, so I put Bailey up on the table and do her real quick. After she's finished I put her down and give her a treat. Then I run to the bathroom before I put the dogs away to return.... I come back... Maddie is somehow on top of the table so I think she jumped on top of her crate, and the to the drier. I cringe to think if she would've missed or slipped. This dog is never going to slow down

Yes, I did brush and give her a treat before I rushed back to work feels all wrong and now I'm OCD fixated on those nails I never got to, and grinch feet.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 12-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Top Dog

I've never had a dog that is not 10000% housetrained until adopting Smiley and now I am SERIOUSLY frustrated with his recent bout of marking. He was doing really well until a few days ago when I found he peed in the bathroom upstairs and then today he peed in the basement bathroom and marked the oven, cabinet and bookcase!! What the hell?!

If it happens again tomorrow I'm going to take him to the vet to test for a UTI, but if it's not a UTI, I think I might have to opt for a diaper.......oh lord.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I've been out of town for several days and will be home soon today, but I'm so homesick for my dogs I can hardly stand it. I've been paging through the pictures on my computer just to see them somehow.

I think I have a problem.
I'm the same way. Totally obsessed with my two. I work away from home 12 hours a day and miss them often throughout the day. I have tons of candid photos on my phone of them and look through them daily. My coworkers tease me all the time.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Allons-y!

I miss my dogs And I probably won't get to see them until I go home next Friday.

Emily &:
Aurai Treasure Island - "Simon"
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I want to see them! What collars did they get? And if you say Ned got yellow I will cry though.
-hides-

It's not TOTALLY yellow! It's gold...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...26411877_o.jpg
My mom wanted something subtle/not too bright or contrasty. Better than red on him though, right?!

I did not have the same reservations with Quinn though. Bright? No problem!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...06012556_o.jpg
But with brass hardware. I always oil my leather like crazy so it will be slightly darker in no time.

Very excited! They are from Hill Top Leather Shop (where Nola's padded leather collars are from).

(photos linked because they are huge!)

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 12-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
-snip-
Those are gorgeous collars!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Silence, peasants.

Ooooh yellow is my favorite. I approve.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 12-10-2013, 12:58 AM
orange iguanas.

Ended up bringing Juno to work today, got texts from my mom multiple times this morning SHE'S PUKING EVERYWHERE. One even included a picture. Thanks, mom. So, did x-rays because why not, just to rule out an obstruction. Which is all I care about. I don't mind waiting out the vomit and treating the symptoms, when it carries on like this though I start to worry about an obstruction especially since she was only vomiting pretty quickly after eating. Nothing obvious on the x-rays, though. So fasting and bland diet it is.

She's such a good girl though. Ridiculously tense when you try to position her for an x-ray lol but otherwise she's the perfect patient!

I feel horrible fasting her though. First thing she did when we got home was go sit in the kitchen and stare at her food bowl. Can't fool her, she knows when it's time to eat. Thank God the other dogs were already fed when we were gone. That would have just been mean lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-10-2013, 02:31 AM
Top Dog

Newt is on antibiotics because she got an irritated rear end. On the upside, while I had her in, I learned she's lost the ridiculous amount of weight she had gained by being a garbage picker and a food stealer. (she has been on a diet) She's back to her whopping 4.5 lbs.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Top Dog

I just handed my dog over to Alaska Airlines. Ugh, she was so stressed out, and I'm worried, and even though it'll be fine I can't help but feel my stomach somersaulting. The agony! I just hope she's going to be in one piece and most of all just THERE at my destination.