Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
She asked if I was going to breed him. I said we hope to but he still has some health testing to be completed first.

She nodded like she knew what I was talking about but I could tell by the look on her face that she was confused and trying to figure out what I meant.

Is it really that strange? People really don't know??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Even my coworkers, who know something of my obsession with dogs, cannot fathom why I'm keeping Rhys intact if I'm not going to breed him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
My Mom is convinced that leaving Hudson intact means he is going to die of prostate cancer.
People are absolutely floored when they find out I have an intact male and an intact female... and have no intentions of breeding them together. I had one guy I met on the street insist I should breed them together, and that he would definitely take a puppy. No thanks?

Old 12-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Big Dog

I took a risk and let Leo off leash at a local middle school where a few people come with their dogs. I was pretty sure that he would do well, but wasn't 100% sure since he is so leash reactive to other dogs.

He did so well! He is a tiny bit rude in that he tries to chase other dogs who are fetching and not interested. But he found a standard poodle who also wanted to play chasing games and the two of them just chased each other all over the field. I now have one tired puppy!

I am really relieved that he is so good off leash, because it means that I can continue to socialize him with other dogs. The fact that he lunges and barks on leash has really stunted that department so far.

I really like this school's field, because it is huge, mostly fenced and only a few people take their dogs there so it isn't overwhelming.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Blonde Raccoon

My dog is amazing .. we spent last night at my nana's house, then went to the dog park today for a sheltie meetup that my friend asked me to accompany her to. After that we popped by my sorority house and Seamus got loved on by absolutely everyone. He was so adaptable and well-behaved. He did great on the bus and subway and was just fantastic the entire day. I'm so proud of him.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:35 PM
orange iguanas.

Juno is being a vomit machine. Sort of. Starting yesterday, she vomits after eating breakfast/dinner and they are GINORMOUS piles. And she can't puke on the wood floor. No, she picks the rug. Pain in the butt to clean.

I don't really want to bring her to work because she's otherwise acting totally normal. But I guess if she does it again tomorrow morning, I might have to, poor dog would probably like to utilize what she's eating.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Abrams had a bath tonight and now he's all poofy. And soft and shiney.

Also, I really need to work with him more. I've really done crap for structured training and he is still so good. I mean, he has horrible manners because I let him jump up on and mouth me all the time, but when we work he is so good. He held a sit/stay when a coworker walked by to take the trash out, and he recalled off another coworker and then gave me 100% focus. I can't imagine how good he'd be if I actually tried. I really need to make working with him a priority, because he would be awesome!

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Top Dog

I took Crossbone to barn hunt practice for the first time (I've been helping run & coordinate practices but usually leave bonehead home after doing an intro workshop where he was disinterested) and he did novice courses like a pro! Silly boy!! He had so much fun. Guess he'll accompany me more often!!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm All Ears

Guys.... I want a puppy. Like bad. And right now this instant.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:18 AM
such sights to show you

I've been out of town for several days and will be home soon today, but I'm so homesick for my dogs I can hardly stand it. I've been paging through the pictures on my computer just to see them somehow.

I think I have a problem.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Payton is shaking his head again this morning. Ear is acting up again. I'm guessing it's allergy related because yesterday Georgie was squinting her eye some, and we already know via the vet that is allergy related. I hate it and I hope he doesn't rupture his eardrum again. I don't know if it's worth trying to put him on a different food... it's probably just environmental. =<

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Top Dog

Why on earth can I not make up my mind about the breed of my future dog. There are just too many that I want. I've kind of been turned onto Dobermans, in the last day. Why haven't I considered them before? Big, aloof personalities, but not all that shedding like the GSD has! XD

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm