Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
For sale: one male Chesapeake Bay Retriever that pees on the floor when he is 1.) excited, 2.) getting ready to go outside, 3.) unable to hold his bladder because, you know, different control is needed for walking around than being in the crate, 4.) when I ask him to do something and he thinks he's in trouble even thougb I ask him in the same voice and tone that I have done since forever. And each time when said dog is let out to pee (way too often to avoid accidents on the floor) he decides mud is what he wants to run through, and then track it all over the livingroom. And then jump onto the couch. But you can't take him out on a leash, or he'll pee as you put it on him. Inside. All over the floor. Or if you try to put it on him outside, he'll pee all over your shoes and porch. Or if he's already peeing, stop peeing and then refuse to finish so you have to take him out .5 seconds after coming back inside.

He is living in his crate this evening. Oh my GOD. I really do not know how much more of this lack of bladder control I can take. Hes almost 8 months old, for crying out loud.
Honestly, it sounds more like submissive urination than anything else to me.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Kristina

New way to tire out a border collie:

Step 1: On a tennis court, put dog in Sit/Stay on one side of net.
Step 2: Go to other side of net. Say "Ok!"
Step 3: Sprint for your life around tennis net until border collie catches up/you
Step 4: Repeat

Fine Print: Tires human out more than dog.

We both had a blast! (Also, Leo is now dozing next to me, so that is a definite plus!)
Old 12-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
New way to tire out a border collie:

Step 1: On a tennis court, put dog in Sit/Stay on one side of net.
Step 2: Go to other side of net. Say "Ok!"
Step 3: Sprint for your life around tennis net until border collie catches up/you
Step 4: Repeat

Fine Print: Tires human out more than dog.

We both had a blast! (Also, Leo is now dozing next to me, so that is a definite plus!)
Haha I've played that with Feist.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 12-03-2013, 10:31 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Honestly, it sounds more like submissive urination than anything else to me.
Part of it is. He is a submissive/excited urinater, which is mostly manageable. But that coupled with his normal day-to-day weird potty habits (like peeing as he's walking out the door and getting a stream on my carpet and/or my shoes/socks) is about ready to drive me up the wall.

Eta: and to clarify, by putting him on a leash I mean looping a slip lead over his head. Im not leaning over him, or towards him, or even looking at him. But he knows the slip lead means hes going out to potty (like when he's walking through the door), so he just starts peeing! I've been hooking him up to the chain outside to avoid pee by the door and he will literally hold a sit/stay while I'm looping it over his head while letting out a stream of urine as if he was standing up and peeing.

Frustrating.

Last edited by *blackrose; 12-03-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Ugh I hate submissive urinators ... My parents dog Yumi is a submissive urinator and I hate it.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Ugh I hate submissive urinators ... My parents dog Yumi is a submissive urinator and I hate it.
Both Bayleigh and Pirate are submissive urinators. They've both stopped for the most part. Bayleigh really stopped when I put some obedience training on her. I think Pirate grew out of it but he will still do it on occasion. It's awful.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:55 PM
F150 and a .30-06

I am going through dog withdrawal. Im looking at breeders. I know what kind of dogs I like and what I want to live with, but Im even looking outside what I know I wont be happy with. Im not about to run out and go get a random dog. Im even looking at mixes. Nothing wrong with a shelter dog but I am to into showing and CKC events that a shelter dog would not be suitable in our home now or in the near future.

I just had to vent. Withdrawal sucks.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 12-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Top Dog

Ohhh my gad. I just had a girl tell me that she thinks that if she gets a male dog for her (spayed) female, that the female's "ovaries will grow back". I had an incredibly hard time keeping a straight face as I murmured some vaguely interested "oh really?".

She also was inquiring if I was going to breed Yarrow (I'm not, he just got neutered), and was telling me that she wants to get a huge male wolfdog to protect her female from wolves and bears. She says she is sure that it would make the wolves "respect" her.

I love my community, but boy does it attract some crazies.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Silence, peasants.

Feel so bad for feisty. She's teething like woah all of the sudden and it's obvious her mouth really really hurts. She doesn't even want to eat kibble it hurts so bad. Hoping she'll just continue dropping teeth out super fast and we can get this over with. She's fifteen weeks, Wesley teethed like this so much later.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 12-04-2013, 10:03 PM
orange iguanas.

Dear Cajun,
While I'm upset that it had to be 5:30am, I do appreciate that you whined when you had to pee, instead of peeing in your crate.

Dear Juno,
Stop eating the Heartgard. You don't need a whole year's worth in the span of 2 days.

(Note to self: hide the Heartgard.)

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013