Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I am still not used to having a dog that likes to stare at me all the time. It's a little unnerving.
Just wait until you wake up in the middle of the night with her face inches from yours, just staring...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-25-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Just wait until you wake up in the middle of the night with her face inches from yours, just staring...
In my version, then she pukes in your face. (seriously happened)
Old 11-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Big Dog

This is how you know you've entered CrazyTown: when you see a child's rocking chair on the curb to be thrown away with the other trash, and you think "I bet that would be fun to use in dog tricks" and nab it.

So far, the plan is to attach a string or rope to the chair, teach Astro to tug it to start it rocking, teach him to hop up onto it and sit up on it, then combine them into starting the rocking and then hopping up. Who knows if that will actually work, but at the very least the chair is the perfect size for reaching him confidence in hopping up onto things, balancing, and sitting pretty.

Snout Prints on the Window
Old 11-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I love working with my little herder boy. We are really enjoying obedience work. Hoping to debut early next year!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 11-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

Gambit stares. Its not a tender loving stare either. It more of a 'put your dead body in a rocking chair and run around in your underwear' kind of look. After three years I've just about gotten used to it

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

Having a Malinois puppy and a horrible stomach flu is a bad combination. She put up with one day like a champ, but day 2 is getting to be a bit much for her patience.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Silence, peasants.

Default The dog musing/vent thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
This has actually already happened. I had to suppress my scream. She was just sitting there..staring at my face. And then when I opened my eyes she was like OH YAY YOU CAME BACK TO LIFE.

Also, tried to let Feist out to pee last night because I knew she had to, and she would not go out, which is weird because she loooves the backyard. Whatever, fine. Opened the door to let her out half an hour later and heard creepy coyote/wolf scream noises really close by. Uhhh ok that explains it.

(We have coyote/wolf mixes that live on the golf course down the street from my house.)

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 11-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I left Auggie and Pepper at home when I took Baby P to agility and my dad said he let Auggie stay out of his crate at night and sleep in the living room with him (dad sleeps in the recliner because of his acid reflux and the ulcer.) The second night I was talking to him on the phone and asked how Auggie was. He said he's a pretty good boy but he woke up that morning and Auggie had jumped up in the recliner "and he was just standing there. He wasn't barking... he was just staring. It's kind of creepy."

Yes, yes it is. At least it's not just me LOL.

Payton is not a creepy stare-r, Payton jumps up in the bed and is just all out like YAAAAAAAY SNUGGLE *throws body against yours*

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Not a Border Collie

I remember being weirded out by Quinn's staring when I got her. Even as a puppy she had no problem maintaining eye contact. On the drive home, she barely slept - she just sat on my lap, calmly staring into my eyes.

I love it now! And teaching her to watch me was a breeze. But I remember being slightly weirded out, but impressed at the same time.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 11-26-2013, 08:11 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I miss my Kaylee. So much. I have her collar sitting on the table and it's just awful. And every morning and night when I'm letting all the dogs in and out it feels like I keep forgetting someone.

It also doesn't help Hannah isn't doing well either and her time is really coming up fast.

I hate dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Manners Minder?

I'm hoping to bring one or both of the dogs to teaching next week and I'm kinda terrified. Traveler should be fine but Didgie is a screamer. She's been getting really good at trials but this will be.....different.

But I need to get them used to doing that so I think my face my be burning for a few days while teaching.

But that's awesome that they were such good demo dogs!
Yeah I may borrow a Manners Minder from work... Jari is usually really great (he's been watching classes from a crate since he was 8 weeks old and I've used him for demo work pretty much since then, too LOL), but I think it was because I didn't work him AT ALL beforehand. Usually I do training with them before I teach and I just didn't make it to the building in time for that.

Kimma is awesome if I just let her on her mat the whole time (a la Control Unleashed) but I think that makes people nervous since I have to just drop the leash and leave her there as I walk around and help people. Even though she will stay on that thing the whole time. With my more advanced classes I will do this since they know me and my dogs a bit by then, but not a beginner/puppy class. I tried her in an ex-pen with the mat, and apparently that made everything different and scary and full of anxiety. Her anxiety has been through the roof the past couple of months anyway. I should have known better than to try something new with her. They really are great demo dogs and could care less about everyone while I'm using them. Last week was just an anomaly.

Loistava's Jari CGC - 17 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)