Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie is going off to the vet tomorrow, we're going to discuss possibly putting him on some kind of maintenance dose of abx for his persistent UTIs. I'm hoping we'll do something like every three months he gets two weeks of abx, just routinely... but we'll have to see what the vet says.
I'm not super excited about either answer, but I would be super excited to have this no longer be a problem for Auggie.

Funnily enough I was just getting to the point in my book where I started talking about Auggie's UTI.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Good news: Joey now weighs almost 47 lbs. he weighed about 35 or 36 when I got him. It's amazing what a 10 lb difference can do. He doesn't even look like the same dog at all.

Bad news: he is swinging one of his back legs out a little more than usual when he walks. My vet said he is concerned about a possible past cruciate ligament injury, but wants to do X-rays to find out what's going on. The fact that I have been coursing him and raced him this past weekend might have made him more sore in his knee causing him to walk like this. He doesn't always walk weird, but I have noticed it more lately than usual. If it really is his cruciate I'm worried we won't be able to run him anymore which will absolutely devastate me, but I will have to do what is best for him and if that means he can't course or race than so be it. This sucks really bad.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:01 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Good news: Joey now weighs almost 47 lbs. he weighed about 35 or 36 when I got him. It's amazing what a 10 lb difference can do. He doesn't even look like the same dog at all.

Bad news: he is swinging one of his back legs out a little more than usual when he walks. My vet said he is concerned about a possible past cruciate ligament injury, but wants to do X-rays to find out what's going on. The fact that I have been coursing him and raced him this past weekend might have made him more sore in his knee causing him to walk like this. He doesn't always walk weird, but I have noticed it more lately than usual. If it really is his cruciate I'm worried we won't be able to run him anymore which will absolutely devastate me, but I will have to do what is best for him and if that means he can't course or race than so be it. This sucks really bad.
I'm sorry to hear that about Joey , vibes that everything turns out ok.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Top Dog

A little boy approached Shaman and I inpetsmart and asked me if he was something from Harry Potter. I told him no, but the pup does look a bit mythical

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
A little boy approached Shaman and I inpetsmart and asked me if he was something from Harry Potter.
That is super cute, hahaha.

Auggie is now going to be on antibiotics every four months just as maintenance. He went four months since his last UTI so we think four months is good. If he still seems to be getting them we'll switch to every three months.
His UAs are "unremarkable" whenever we run them... some blood, some white blood cells, some bacteria, but nothing horrible really, so this is a fine course of action for now without doing anything additional. "And you've done EVERYTHING to try and figure out what's going on," the vet added. Yeeeeep... I sure have, ugh. Poor Auggie LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I'm sorry to hear that about Joey , vibes that everything turns out ok.
Thank you. I'm going to end up getting the X-rays done. Just need to set aside the money for it first. I just hope that I can still run him. Giving him arnica and hypericum in the meantime that was suggested.

Ok I have a hilarious one. Went to unleashed and decided to take advantage of all their Halloween clearance toys. I had all three dogs with me but only took Joey into the store. When I got back to the car and opened the door Bamm jumped out. I put Joey in the car and went to get Bamm and he ran to the store door. The automatic door opened and he went inside. Luckily there were no dogs in the store. Anyways, I run inside to grab him and find him trotting around with a toy in his mouth and happy as a clam. What a brat. I ended up getting him the toy and he went straight to the car on the way out but ugh.... Crazy dog.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm All Ears

My three day weekend and it's going to be in the 30s all weekend. We want to hike but I don't want to freeze! It was in the 60s all week! Why couldn't it have been 30 in the week and 60s on the weekend?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Thank you. I'm going to end up getting the X-rays done. Just need to set aside the money for it first. I just hope that I can still run him. Giving him arnica and hypericum in the meantime that was suggested.

Ok I have a hilarious one. Went to unleashed and decided to take advantage of all their Halloween clearance toys. I had all three dogs with me but only took Joey into the store. When I got back to the car and opened the door Bamm jumped out. I put Joey in the car and went to get Bamm and he ran to the store door. The automatic door opened and he went inside. Luckily there were no dogs in the store. Anyways, I run inside to grab him and find him trotting around with a toy in his mouth and happy as a clam. What a brat. I ended up getting him the toy and he went straight to the car on the way out but ugh.... Crazy dog.
That is so something my dog would do. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this. You're a good owner for getting him the toy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
My three day weekend and it's going to be in the 30s all weekend. We want to hike but I don't want to freeze! It was in the 60s all week! Why couldn't it have been 30 in the week and 60s on the weekend?
Go hiking anyway. 30 is warm. It's supposed to be 18 here tomorrow. Not looking forward to that.

I'm only going to say this once, as I'm so not a cold weather, winter person. I'm actually looking forward to winter. I have a young dog that's willing to do anything I ask and have many many things I want to teach him. That's how I will be spending the next 6 months.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm All Ears

We also have freezing rain going on right now too. Meh. 29 and freezing rain coming down hard and oklahoma winds... I think we'll pass on hiking. Maybe the afternoon will be nicer.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
We also have freezing rain going on right now too. Meh. 29 and freezing rain coming down hard and oklahoma winds... I think we'll pass on hiking. Maybe the afternoon will be nicer.

Yeah... That is crappy weather. I'd pass too. I make it sound like I'm so tough. I hate cold weather... I do not live in the right state. Hopefully it clears up a little.