Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-16-2013, 11:29 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
So I took this afternoon off to take the dogs for a walk for an hour or two. Only I took benadryl beforehand and yep.... lied down and didn't wake up until now. And now I have to leave for the horse show. I feel like a lousy owner since they'll be locked up the rest of the day.... but we got a good cuddle!
I had to leave mine lock in for most of he day Yesterday too because I had to help OH put shavings in stalls for his bosses horses who are coming in today (20 horses in all) and my parents had to go somewhere too yesterday (the dogs don't stay out when no one is home) so needless to say they were pretty desperate to get out this morning
Old 11-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
Wow...

And that's several of the reasons I don't go to dog parks unless I'm the only one there.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:37 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Would not doubt it for a second. Reminds me of a dog park I know of that a friend's sister takes her dog to. The regulars at that park apparently call themselves the "hill people" and from what I've been told, they're pretty **** similar to the nutters in that video...
Old 11-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Show Dog

I just had the most overwhelming walk with Astro.

It's like all of a sudden, he's decided he's crazy and mannerless. I know he's going through a teenage phase, but **** this came on QUICK. He's now 35 pounds of solid dog, and he decided the best thing to do would be to hurtle to the end of the leash, run back, bounce off me, and repeat. Oh, and he grabbed giant sticks along the way, the better to beat me up with.

When I finally got him calmed down from his zoomies, he decided to start trying to yank up somebody's freshly churned lawn earth. He got tangled up in his leash, I went to untangle him, and he growled at me over the dirt! Just in the past 2 days, he's gone from "you can safely take anything out of my mouth" to "I'm going to resource guard a patch of soil." I had some of his kibble in my pocket, and I got him to successfully leave it and de-escalate, but that was just about the only success.

Oh, and did I mention his prey drive kicked in? I'm starting to dread taking him out on walks with so many issues presenting at once. NYC is not a forgiving place. There's litter, squirrels, rushing cars, pushy people. I focus on working through one or two things with him, and then OH WAIT, there's a loose cat whizzing by, a piece of chocolate cake just lying on the ground (seriously? litterbugs really get to me), another dog with an owner that can barely control it...
Old 11-16-2013, 05:02 PM
F150 and a .30-06

That is why I hate dog parks

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 11-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Would not doubt it for a second. Reminds me of a dog park I know of that a friend's sister takes her dog to. The regulars at that park apparently call themselves the "hill people" and from what I've been told, they're pretty **** similar to the nutters in that video...
lol idiots! Idiots everywhere!

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 11-16-2013, 06:31 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
lol idiots! Idiots everywhere!
That **** has do be scripted ... It just has to be.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Vizsla mom

I have to pack for tomorrow ..but I'm lazy& really, really don't want to. Ugh. Plus, my dog is fast asleep& snuggly but I'm avoiding her because it will just make me even LESS productive.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Today I am straight racing with Joey for the first time. I'm hoping it will help build his confidence and follow on the lure more so decided to give it a shot. Found out there are going to be other Ibizans including the Ibizan that used to be my old neighbor's dog. He is now owned by a lady in PA and courses and is also a therapy dog. I haven't seen him in what feels like forever so I'm beyond stoked to see him again.

I might just be on cloud 9 today. Redhotdobe is going to come to hang out as well so yay!!!!
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-17-2013, 06:13 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

I saw a (real) SD today at the flea market, it was cool. The dog was so well trained, wore a special vest that said "please don't pet me I'm working" and what's better is NO ONE was bothering him