Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
That means you called about him though

-------

I want a dog ready to compete in agility 2-3 years from now, when Lucy can't do it anymore. I don't want to have 2 dogs (1 young, untrained) + baby over the next 2-3 years though. To be honest, I don't really ever want 2 dogs at the same time. I wish there was a rescue that would put foundations on a dog for me. I also fear that I will never be able to get a small dog from any decent rescue with a young child in the house. *sigh*

Anyone want to adopt and care for a dog through the puppy years so I can take it back when it's 3ish?
I believe Jess is up to the challenge.

But, I feel for you. Having a foster dogs right now is driving me nuts. It's double the trouble. (Though I think it would be much easier with a small dog.)

Not to mention undergoing major life changes.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 11-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

...Do you know what Malinois zoomies look like inside a house?

What I have seen today can never be unseen.

And with that, I'm getting off the internet to prevent further destruction.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
I believe Jess is up to the challenge.

But, I feel for you. Having a foster dogs right now is driving me nuts. It's double the trouble. (Though I think it would be much easier with a small dog.)

Not to mention undergoing major life changes.
Yeah, I used to get a foster every time I wanted a second dog...and then I'd realize 1 dog was way more my style and be thrilled when foster dog went home.

Jess--I am vetoing who you gave me for Secret Santa and choosing you instead. Your box may have holes in it when it arrives.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 11-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I am down for raising a puppy and putting agility foundations on it... just sayin'.
But you might not like it when it gets to you because it miiiiiiight be just a liiiiiittle crazy.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Today begins project teach the Mal to run next to the bike without killing me. Code name: We're Screwed.

This is what helmets are for.
I did that with Elsie. Good luck.

She only pulled me off the bike five or six times.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
That means you called about him though

-------

I want a dog ready to compete in agility 2-3 years from now, when Lucy can't do it anymore. I don't want to have 2 dogs (1 young, untrained) + baby over the next 2-3 years though. To be honest, I don't really ever want 2 dogs at the same time. I wish there was a rescue that would put foundations on a dog for me. I also fear that I will never be able to get a small dog from any decent rescue with a young child in the house. *sigh*

Anyone want to adopt and care for a dog through the puppy years so I can take it back when it's 3ish?
Ugh god I feel you. I keep looking at logistics of three dogs and it's like... Ahhh. So much harder than loading up my two easy dogs. I'm spoiled. My two can go everywhere and do everything with me and a third dog will put a wrench in that a bit.

Oh well, I want it bad enough so it'll happen. It will be an adjustment. I still need to finish saving my downpayment though. never ending. Hopefully the timing is right./
Old 11-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
I did that with Elsie. Good luck.

She only pulled me off the bike five or six times.
LOL!!! Yeah, I might die. I took her out already for a serious game of fetch in a giant open field, did that till her tongue was hanging, then worked a bunch of obedience and jumping exercises. I'm hoping somehow that helps keep me on the bike.

...Right?

Old 11-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I am down for raising a puppy and putting agility foundations on it... just sayin'.
But you might not like it when it gets to you because it miiiiiiight be just a liiiiiittle crazy.
Haha, focused crazy can be good

Dunno though, you really ready to disrupt your royal flush of shelties with an outsider?!?

Old 11-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Ugh god I feel you. I keep looking at logistics of three dogs and it's like... Ahhh. So much harder than loading up my two easy dogs. I'm spoiled. My two can go everywhere and do everything with me and a third dog will put a wrench in that a bit.

Oh well, I want it bad enough so it'll happen. It will be an adjustment. I still need to finish saving my downpayment though. never ending. Hopefully the timing is right./
I think realistically I will just have to wait until Lucy is gone Makes me sad to think about losing her and being dog-less, but the logistics of adding an untrained dog (of any age, size, temperament) over the next couple years make my head spin.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:19 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
I think realistically I will just have to wait until Lucy is gone Makes me sad to think about losing her and being dog-less, but the logistics of adding an untrained dog (of any age, size, temperament) over the next couple years make my head spin.
You could always look for adult rehomes. Either from a breeder with an adult dog they need to place, or I've even seen ads on craigslist for people rehoming young adult dogs that their kids have done 4H obedience/agility with and since "out grown".

(I am not an enabler. I'm not.)

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~