Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-02-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm All Ears

Dogs are surprising creatures. I was sure after last week that Mia would be awful and summer would rock. Instead summer was totally not together and Mia got first place and a Q for our first run. Go figure.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Dogs are surprising creatures. I was sure after last week that Mia would be awful and summer would rock. Instead summer was totally not together and Mia got first place and a Q for our first run. Go figure.
Dogs like to mess with us. Congrats on the Q! Video??

Old 11-02-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm All Ears

Omg jumpers was awful for both. Neither ran at all. I think my first trial spoiled me. Everything went so well.

I do have video of gamblers when I get home.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:07 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Hurray Mia Q!! Congrats!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 11-02-2013, 11:42 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I've started making Cynder sleep in a crate at night and when I'm gone, to avoid any more poo accidents on the floor. (Although her stools are normal now...don't really know why they were semi soft when we had the accidents.) She's not impressed with the situation. I thought giving her more padding in the crate might make it better for her, so I put down a bed pillow (one of my good new ones at that...) and covered it with a blanket. And sure enough, when I went to put her in the crate she had this completly disdained look on her face until I set her on the pillow. Then she was like, "Oh. This isn't so bad." LOL

Silly dog.

I'm picking up a bigger crate for her on Wednesday so she can have a bit more room. (Yey for craigslist!) She fits in the one I have, but if she were to regurge she'd be sitting in it, and that wouldn't be no good...

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 11-03-2013, 06:31 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

We had "introduction to agility" tonight at the basic obedience class I'm in with Abrams. He had So. Much. Fun. We just did a short barrel, two small jumps, and a short ramp going up to what I believe was the pause box...but he had the time of his LIFE. So much so that every time we circled around and walked by the ramp/pause box he had to walk up the rump and then sit on the box. He even tried to run through one of the big tunnels and climb up the catwalk when we walked by, too.

Definitely has my interest spiked, especially seeing how much fun he had. Maybe some agility classes will be in our future?

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 11-04-2013, 12:36 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I am watching "doggie nightmares" CM's new show and I can't believe the stupidity of people when it comes to dogs ... I just can't. This one episode was a family who wanted another dog for their FOUR year old, and they had a one year old ... WTF? Not only that, but they were totally insensitive to the poor dog once they got I home, I couldn't even watch it: the dog had house training issues and they just threw him outside ... Poor dog, I felt.

So many ppl have so much insensitivity to these poor dogs, they don't even think to treat the dog like a puppy when they first come home, many have never been house trained.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

I really really love my little red dog.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 11-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I might actually destroy this Airedale puppy. J/K of course, but actually. His owner is doing crap all with training him and then he comes here and I have to be the one to kennel train him and train the thing commands. Right now he is in a kennel by the door screaming his head off because he just came inside from being outside in the snow.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 11-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Duuuuude.

Rowan isn't feeling well He got me up 3x last night to go outside and have runny poop. Came home and he had diarrhea in the house. He's acting like he feels like crap, too. I think it's the food I was trying to switch him on to, although I've been doing it VERY slowly, and it's the one he ate for a year before he got on this current brand. I thought it might be a bad bag of food, but Mr. Sensitive Tummy Riff is doing just fine on the switch. Regardless, I'm stopping giving it to Rowan and giving him pumpkin. Hopefully that will help him to feel better. My poor baby.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff