Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-30-2013, 10:42 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Do all dogs get excited if you cup your hands then talk to your imaginary creature?
Well my dogs are nosy bastards who seem to always need to be in my business, so yes from here at least.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:17 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Well my dogs are nosy bastards who seem to always need to be in my business, so yes from here at least.
Pretty much this ^^

Anything suggesting I have something good in my hands and Jubel wants it, or at least to see what I have.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

Came home to a Brooks poopsplosion in his crate because he apparently has diarrhea. I expect this when he gets too much raw food, but he's been eating nothing but kibble. Not even any treats. I did bump up his food a bit because while I like my dogs on the thinner side, he was a bit too ribby. So perhaps he got too much food. Who knows. All I know is instead of taking him to run off his energy at the dog park before I picked up the kiddo from daycare, I bathed and dried a Poodle.

To top it off, he's decided to bump up his coat change, so I had to detangle some sort of ridiculous ear tangle.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:52 AM
Top Dog

Crate poosplosion #3 for today. Sigh.

I have no idea what's set off his intestines. He had an extended bout of yard time leading up to bedtime, so hopefully I don't have a crate cleanup at 3 am. I wish he'd give some sort of vocalization before he explodes all over his crate. Instead he generally ( when ill) poops and THEN whines
Old 11-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Ollie is sick. Fever of 105, diarrhea, lethargy, loss of appetite. He went in today at 12 and they were worried he might be blocked. First x-ray showed that his breakfast from 6 am had not moved. However, a later x-ray at 5 pm showed some movement but also something going on in one of his lungs, something that looked like pneumonia but the little guy hasn't been coughing at all. Ugh. He was dehydrated so got some fluids and that definitely helped. Basically we're thinking he's got a bad bug, probably viral, and just needs help getting through it. They did do some bloodwork and a fecal that we'll hear about tomorrow.

Poor little spaniel man.
I just saw this, I hope he's feeling better by now and it's nothing serious because that's scary. You especially don't need another blockage surgery happening.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

Mu is such an awesome dog. We went on a lovely long hike today, just the two of us. She was so well behaved and did great with the people and dogs we saw. I just....I freaking love her. And I'm really glad I finally managed some one on one time out of the house.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Ollie is feeling much better, thanks for the thoughts! His bloodwork and fecal indicated a virus (or rather... didn't indicate a parasite or bacterial infection). He is running at probably 90% power right now, which is plenty. LOL. A little skinny but eating and drinking well, and keeping everything down. Back to being a nut.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

We finally got our skid boots for Talon in! Since it took so long (the lady had a lot of expo's or events so I think she forgot about them) she gave us a rabbit fur tug, which Artimis is in love with.

We put on Talon's boots today and took them to the dog park since we were out that way anyways. They stayed on, looked good, and so hopefully they worked. We won't know until tomorrow though if they did what we wanted them to do!

Also, Talon was such a good boy at the dog park! This one dog was all over way too rough with both Talon and Artimis (not friendly play either, but not killer). It was fine until Art got excited and mounted a little white Jack Russel (Art does that when he get's excited and wants to play) and then it went a bit nuts and was all over Art growling and posturing. The owner was on it immediately, but when she let him go again it was all over Talon. I don't know why it didn't like our dogs, but the owner immediately said that it wasn't behaving so no dog park. Good owner! ^_^ She was very nice and very responsible IMO. I think the dog was just in an adolescent phase, as it seemed to just be testing the waters to see if it could get away with bullying.

So yay, good trip to the dog park! ^_^

Otherwise, Talon was a butt today.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:55 AM
such sights to show you

No one will ever be as happy to see me as these dogs when, in between being let outside and back inside by my husband while I am sleeping in, I have gotten up and have "magically" appeared on the couch.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

Happy tail. It looks like I've murdered someone in here.