Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-26-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia got laughed at at the park by some bicyclers. It was kind of funny though, I admit. They were bathed on Friday (er.... yesterday) and Summer looked impeccable and was trotting along behind me. Mia was solid mud up to her elbows and had sticks and leaves all in her hair and was flat out sprinting like a lunatic past the two of us.

The biker laughed and said, 'Haha looks like that one is having some fun.' Maybe a little too much fun....

Today was the first day in a long while that I was up to a nice long walk. She pretty much ran the entire two hours chasing bunnies and squirrels.

Mia got another bath and I still need to brush some of these seeds out of her hair. Her hair is like a magnet for that stuff.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:03 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Bleh.

I don't think Cynder is tolerating the 4Health food as well as I had hoped. Which, I suppose makes sense, as it has a very "sticky" consistency. Watering it down this evening didn't help. When I got home from work this afternoon she had pooped in the house (twice!) which is COMPLETELY unlike her and there were three regurge spots as well. She's been acting "off" ever since I stopped feeding the ProPlan and tried other foods...so I'm hoping it is just the food. The food I can fix.

So I'm going to pick up another few cans of the Proplan tomorrow and hope that she gets back to her normal self. If that means I have to feed Proplan...then there are worse things that could happen.

If switching food doesn't fix in...then that means she's gotten worse. Which is no good.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:29 AM
and Fozzie B!

While out walking with Malakai and Fozzie, a veryyyy young Mom passed us and screamed to her friend on the phone, "they DO exist!!!"... I was confused. She asked if Fozzie was a Corgi x Husky mix, and I said "yeah, how did you know?!" well she had seen the internet famous mix. (I think it's this one)

She asked me how much he cost, what breeder he's from, and if he was going to *make babies*!!! Well, he's a little mutt who I adopted as a puppy for $80. She gasped, and said she thought they were super expensive. Dang, I should've cheated the rescue and kept Fozzie intact. I would be rich by now! LOL

That made me curious, so I googled Siborgi breeders, and I found a litter for sale in my town. It made me very sad but also I want one. If you're going to breed random designer mutts, this is a good one! At least better than the seemingly identical run of the mill "doodle"... then I read a bunch of posts stating that this mix would be a NIGHTMARE and have tons of physical and behavioral issues. If only they met Fozzie, they'd instantly change their mind!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 10-27-2013, 01:32 AM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
She could teach him, but she'd have to charge. Lol

Izzie has been very much respecting my space lately which is nice. She sooths her need to touch people by snuggling with my friends and snarfing in their faces.
LMAO! I caught that milkshake reference... I want a Pug like Izzie.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 10-27-2013, 10:31 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Mia got laughed at at the park by some bicyclers. It was kind of funny though, I admit. They were bathed on Friday (er.... yesterday) and Summer looked impeccable and was trotting along behind me. Mia was solid mud up to her elbows and had sticks and leaves all in her hair and was flat out sprinting like a lunatic past the two of us.

The biker laughed and said, 'Haha looks like that one is having some fun.' Maybe a little too much fun....

Today was the first day in a long while that I was up to a nice long walk. She pretty much ran the entire two hours chasing bunnies and squirrels.

Mia got another bath and I still need to brush some of these seeds out of her hair. Her hair is like a magnet for that stuff.
Haha that's like my guys and Kimma. Kimma is the one in the dirt and water while the others are "too good" for such things. Even Jari isn't a fan. So she always looks like a drowned rat when we go to the parks near here with water access (no matter the temps!), and the others are their usual fluffy selves.

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 10-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Yesterday Talon amazed me with his self control! He has motion issues (who would've though? lol) and we went to the park to train some stays, sits, downs, recalls, and basic obedience. Halfway through our training session, I have him in a sit stay, turn and walk away, then suddenly a four people come running across the field. My first though was "oh god, This isn't going to go well" but he sat there and didn't even flinch!

I think it was either a running club or a class, because there was about 40-50 runners in total in groups and singles. I decided he was doing so well we would take the time to continue to train some stays, and he was such a good boy! He made it through all of the runners without so much as breaking a sit! We even had some jerks run right at us and then split to either side, but Talon took it well! ^_^

Since I now got the good news out of the way, does anyone want a border collie? I can ship him today! He must go now or I'm throwing him outside to fend for himself

For the past 3 nights he's been waking us up every 3-5 hours because he had to poop. It's been solid poop and mostly he just seemed like he wanted to play, so finally I got sick of not sleeping and tonight we told him to hold it for at least 7 hours (we took him out immediately before we went to bed and it was solid). Of course I woke up at 7am to take him out and he had diarrhea poo all over his crate, himself, and the carpet. REALLY!? The only night that he doesn't have solid poop has to be the night we make him hold it a little longer. Argh!

It seems like this happens at least once a month and I'm really getting tired of it. T_T
Old 10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Silence, peasants.

Took Wesley and Feist to the beach with Wes's owner/my sister, they were so good. Practiced lots of recalls and had lots of fun. Feist was brilliant, would recall right off Wesley while they were running together. Wes is such a good boy. Now they're both curled up asleep on my bed. Also, Feist may have no idea what 'down' means, but she knows how to jump in a suitcase and lie down. WINNING.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 10-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

With our adult cats, the dogs always used to chase them. But they will play nicely with the kittens.

WUT.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Silence, peasants.

Wesley was stretching, like downward facing dog type, and Feist just..tried to run up him like a ramp.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm All Ears

Thy are doing a barn hunt workshop at my club!!! Only problem is I already said I would take my grandmother to the airport during it.