Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-25-2013, 05:12 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Honestly I would t tolerate my dogs reacting if a child took their bowl like that. That being said Katie knows not to but she could have done it without anything happening. I also wouldn't tolerate my child taking the bowl away because one day they may do it to the wrong dog but nothing would happen if she did it to my dog

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Emily - cooked pasta. Not the healthiest but if you need to put weight on it helps

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 10-26-2013, 12:23 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK View Post
Honestly I would t tolerate my dogs reacting if a child took their bowl like that. That being said Katie knows not to but she could have done it without anything happening. I also wouldn't tolerate my child taking the bowl away because one day they may do it to the wrong dog but nothing would happen if she did it to my dog
See that's what I think parents don't think through like many of us dog savvy folks to and not just in relation to food and toys. As many of us know, much like dogs , young kids don't generalize ... They don't understand "I can do [insert thing here] to my dog but not to anyone else's dog. And that can have serious ramifications for the child and "other" dogs.

I cringe every time I see a video like this go up on the web, because some dumb ass "parent" (quoted VERY loosely) will watch it and want to try the same thing, only their dog isn't as trusting or forgiving or as well trained as the dog in the video. The child ends up in the hospital, the dog ends up PTS

Old 10-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Sport Model Pug

Izzie woke up in the middle of the night to puke, I was so out that I barely woke up at the sound of her puking. She managed to go to her crate to puke though instead of just puking on the bed or the floor. What a good little dog <3 I would have murdered her if she puked on my special blanket on my bed.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Top Dog

I work in a kennel/daycare that is attached to and underneath a vet clinic. I found out today that being able to pet Gambit without him getting upset is some sort of status symbol among the techs. He has no idea he's so popular.

On the Shaman front, I can't believe I've only had him two months. Seriously, its like he's been here forever

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Izzie woke up in the middle of the night to puke, I was so out that I barely woke up at the sound of her puking. She managed to go to her crate to puke though instead of just puking on the bed or the floor. What a good little dog <3 I would have murdered her if she puked on my special blanket on my bed.
She is amazing. Can she teach Middie that trick?

Moo came over and sat on my feet. It was sweet, and exactly what I needed right now. I've been in what seems like a constant state of "don't touch me!" for weeks now. I can do a hug or two, and I can pet the dogs when I come home or even brush them, but I can't stand snuggling or the full-body tackles that Bay and Middie-Moo always do. I don't want a dog on my lap, I don't want snuggles in bed, I don't want a hug when I get home, I just want personal space.

Coming over and sitting on my feet was perfect. It was "I love you, and I want to be touching you, but I'm going to respect your space." Or whatever passes for respecting personal space in Middie's mind. I don't think I ever purchased that expansion pack for his brain.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:06 PM
orange iguanas.

First place in the costume contest, 2nd year in a row.

Too cool to actually look at the camera.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-26-2013, 03:47 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Came home to three piles of vomit and two piles of crap all over the apartment.

Good thing Cynder is sick, or she'd be dead.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 10-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
She is amazing. Can she teach Middie that trick?

Moo came over and sat on my feet. It was sweet, and exactly what I needed right now. I've been in what seems like a constant state of "don't touch me!" for weeks now. I can do a hug or two, and I can pet the dogs when I come home or even brush them, but I can't stand snuggling or the full-body tackles that Bay and Middie-Moo always do. I don't want a dog on my lap, I don't want snuggles in bed, I don't want a hug when I get home, I just want personal space.

Coming over and sitting on my feet was perfect. It was "I love you, and I want to be touching you, but I'm going to respect your space." Or whatever passes for respecting personal space in Middie's mind. I don't think I ever purchased that expansion pack for his brain.
She could teach him, but she'd have to charge. Lol

Izzie has been very much respecting my space lately which is nice. She sooths her need to touch people by snuggling with my friends and snarfing in their faces.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Top Dog

Carma is in heat and was fine up until today, day 11. Today is the first day that I feel confident in blaming her ridiculous behavior on the raging hormones. Today she is an absolute idiot.

Wahh.