Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Top Dog

the first mistake I see is nothing but a white box was posted

but the few I have on here have plenty of mistakes. I would like to get more, but we rarely take time to video anything. A few times a year I bring the camera out and try and capture some stuff. Last time I had someone using mine, they moved the telephoto and not the focus ring (dSLR so no autofocus) so there was 4 dogs worth of stuff too blurry to watch
Old 07-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Puppy Dog

Guess the embedded youtube video button doesn't work too great!

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht0eBkfKaD4
Old 07-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Double post.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Glutton for Crazy

To embed a video here you only put the letters and numbers *after* the backslash in between the YouTube boxes. So instead of the whole www . YouTube . Com / blah blah blah you just put the blah blah blah. It took me a while to figure that out.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Puppy Dog

That's good to know, thanks!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Top Dog

bahhhh, forget it

Old 07-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Behavior Nerd

I train and compete in IPO with my 4yo male ACD mix, Kestrel, and my 2.5yo female malinois, Aerten.

Kestrel has his BH and IPO-VO and will hopefully trial for his 1 this winter if I can get off my butt and train tracking more.

(from our VO )

Aerten (Aeri) has her BH and may go for her VO or 1 this winter - we still have a way to go on control in protection, so our progress there will likely be the determining factor.

^pardon the look on my face - this was our BH and I was counting steps LOL

(old pic, but apparently I don't have many photos of Aeri doing protection stuffs yet)

Kestrel I hope to get a 3 on at our club trials, with Aeri I'd love to go further but we shall see.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Top Dog

you must remain intense while counting steps, because if you go too far or too few the judge teases you and then everybody thinks you can't count. It's embarrassing
Old 07-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

I started working my Mal at the beginning of March with a local club that was formerly a PSA club though is no longer formally affiliated. I was vaguely familiar with the sport beforehand; I knew it was a relatively new suit sport, some variability in the scenarios, weird crazy distractions, and a relatively high amount of pressure on the dogs. I think if I had my pick I'd probably do French Ring first and foremost, but I'm really enjoying where we train and all of the weird stuff the dog (and handler) sees in PSA. I avoided IPO like the plague solely because I don't wanna track.

I've been lucky and Blossom has been a joy to train and making steady progress. She's a little firecracker, very high prey drive and quite spun up during bitework. At this point we are simply working on obedience for bites, as she runs hot enough that we needed early control, and that's going very well now that she understand the concept. We're also moving her from a sleeve to the jacket, which is also going great! And of course, introducing and desensitizing her to sticks and various weird distractions.

We train Wednesday nights and sometimes Saturdays if I can make it (depends on work schedule). We both love it!

And yes, I get regular ribbing over doing bitework with a dog named "Blossom." After she came out guns blazing in her initial evaluation, someone said to me, "So... you can change her name... really, you can." LOL

Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Puppy Dog

LOL. I started in French ring with a 30 lb runt of the litter mini malinois female named Bug. Her working harness also fit a schipperke

Used to always warn a new decoy about the "monster of a dog" coming up next. Then I bring out my sweet little Bug. I'll have to dig out a pic of her when I get home tonight.

PSA seems really interesting, I read through some of the scenarios and stuff, the stuff with hidden sleeves is cool and it sounds like the dogs are pushed through some socially and physically intimidating stuff! Are there PSA trials around you? They are trying to start them around here. It'd be cool to go see I think!